I found the newer versions of this book which sell for around £20 each (around $35) but I have not been able to find a copy as old as mine. Again I would love to know the rough value of this book, religious texts and books are something that I have been collecting for a while now.

The book is black cloth with features Spiritual Progress on the front in a gold in a fancy sort of scroll look. The cloth itself toward the top and the bottom have an Aztec like print pressed into it.

On the spine it reads 'Spiritual Progress - Fenelon - Mad Guyon & c.' and at the bottom is a symbol of some kind.

Inside it has beautiful green and white printed flowers and over the next page someone has written their name along with the date 1888. So this book is around that time though there is not an actual date printed in this book.

The inside also reads ' Spiritual Progress; Or, Instructions In The Divine Life of The Soul. Intended. For such as are desirous to count all things but loss that they may win Christ'. Edited by James W. Metcalf and mentions Office of words of faith - G. W. McCalla, editor - Philadelphia, PA.

It also lists the context and the writers:
Christian Counsel by Fenelon
Spiritual Letters by Fenelon
Method of Prayer by Mad Guyon
Concise View by Mad Guyon
Spiritual Maxims by Lacombe

Condition wise it is very good - a few scuffs on the corners and edges and slight discolouration on a few of the page edges. Though it may not be discolouration as they are red and look purposely dyed.

I would appreciate any help in tracking this book down or any advice/information you can give me.