+ Reply to Thread
    bountypicker is offline Very Common

Default 1950's Nomura Toys TN 'Century Hot Rod' friction car with piston action MIB

Hi everyone,

I acquired a Nomura Century Hot Rod friction car in the original box. Overall, the car is in outstanding condition. There is no corrosion and the pistons move up and down and fan spins when the car is pushed forward.

The box has very light shelf wear and a few very minor scuffs but the graphics are overall super clean, with some peel back on the one side, and a price of $3.49 written in black wax pencil. Even the staples on the box are nice and clean with no wear or sign of rust migration.

Mine is the blue version and I have sourced several different price examples for this particular version (as there is also a red one) but I have not found one as nice in condition, nor have I found an example with the original box. The loose ones which aren't working, missing headlights, hubcaps, with corrosion or displaying a number of these defects sell in the $50 range on eBay. Complete and working ones around $70-$100.

As mentioned, I haven't found one with the original box and none in as nice shape, which leads me to think it makes it rarer to find MIB. I'd appreciate hearing opinions on what it might be worth, and what I should expect to get for it in this condition. Here are some photos:

asleygo is offline Very Common

Default Re: 1950's Nomura Toys TN 'Century Hot Rod' friction car with piston action MIB

Good to see 50's car now in this century