+ Reply to Thread
    jared is offline Staff

Default How to post photos of your items

Due to the rapidly increasing popularity of this forum and to the fact that we want to help with giving the most accurate value, I figured I'd write this small guide on how to embed photos into your post. As they say a photo is worth a 1000 words, and sometimes photos reveal most about exactly what your item is and what its condition is. So it might be worthwhile to post photo(s) of the item you are inquiring about. And its pretty simple to do that.

One way is to post them as an attachment. Just click on where it says "Manage Attachments" below the editing box when posting something, and it will let you upload from your computer or from a URL.

This option has a size limit though, so if your file is too big and you dont know how to compact it, you can instead upload it to an image host and link it from here. To do that, follow the following steps:
    • Upload your photo to a free image host. I recommend imgur but there are many others such as Photobucket, Flickr, imageshack, and others.
    • Many of the image hosts will have the forum bb img code ready to copy and paste, and thats all you have to do. Otherwise, just locate the link to the image (usually ending with .jpg) and put it between [img] tags (you can also click on the "Insert Image" icon above the post editor and it will do it for you)

Hope this helps
    Last edited by chronodev; 03-14-2009 at 12:17 PM.

chronodev is offline Founder

That's useful information, thanks for writing this. I am going to sticky this thread.
    chronodev
    Founder, RarityGuide.com
    "We're so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take time to enjoy where we are." -Calvin & Hobbes

Jeff81 is offline Uncommon

Another good free image hosting is tinypic

taran22 is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff81 View Post
    Another good free image hosting is tinypic
    Yeah I use tinypic as well

crg253 is offline Very Common

Default Re: How to post photos of your items

Is there a way to post straight from my droid?

crg253 is offline Very Common

I got way to much stuff!!!!!!... and I'm lazy...(I admit it!) lol Thanks in advance

fernendisjoyc is offline Common

thanks a lot for sharing the info. Hi to all by the way!