+ Reply to Thread
    peerleader is offline Common

Default Game Gear 68-inI

How rare is the Sega Game Gear Game titled "68-in-1" and what is its value in US dollars? Cartridge Only I have.

tekaotaku is offline Common

Default Re: Game Gear 68-inI

Hi

The Game Gear 68 - in - 1 cart is whats typically called a clone cart. Chinese or other Asian knock off. Now this sounds bad, but there will be some value to the cartridge as there is a collectors market out there for these carts.

You would normally see these for the Gameboy/Nintendo portables because in the 90's it was the dominant handheld, and this is why your Game Gear cart will be worth something, I'm not saying your going to be able to retire on the proceeds, but if you was to sell you should expect $30 as a minimum. The value isnt from the games on the cart but the fact its multi-cart/clone for the Game Gear.

If you was to sell, I'd recommend finding a few classic game forums and finding out what the rules are for selling items and maybe find out a little more info, ASSEMbler.com is a friendly forum and some people on there now ALOT about things like this. If you decide to attempt a sale on eBay, be very careful. It's illegal to sell multi-carts/clone carts so you need to be clever with your wording/listing as its very likely the auction will be pulled.

Anyway, hope this helps and good luck with a sale.