+ Reply to Thread
    mshih999 is offline Very Common

Default Game and Watch Balloon Fight Crystal Screen NIB/CIB

Hello Forum,

I recently found a new in box Game and Watch Crystal Screen Balloon Fight along with a few other NIB Game and Watch games at the back of a store shelf at my in-laws gift shop. I was thinking of ebaying them all in the next few weeks. Or should I hold onto them longer to see if they go up in value?

I did some internet searches, and I found this site. Much to my surprise, the Rarity Guide has it listed at $880 CIB and $1700 NIB. What are these prices based on? Most of the searches on ebay don't seem to hit the numbers listed for this game or for other games that I checked for NIB. Why is that? On the other hand, the CIB and Loose prices seem fairly accurate. I'm trying to figure out what realistically I could expect from selling this, and even what a good start price would be if I decide to sell it.

Also, is it better that I put a battery in the game just to see if it works? Or is it better to sell it as NIB without testing it?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

tentacle is offline Common

Default Re: Game and Watch Balloon Fight Crystal Screen NIB/CIB

The prices in the rarity guides are based not just on Ebay but on other markets such as Amazon, flea markets, thrift shops, and other stores.

Am guessing NIB prices fluctuate more since those are rarer so they show up on the markets less frequently. Also some collectors sometimes pay for a new item a lot more than what it's worth, which could influence the prices.

As for NIB games, it is always better to keep in NIB, if you open it then it might lose a lot of value especially if you somehow scratch it or something

Also the guides are updated often so you should check them daily to make sure you have the current prices.

Teddy is offline Uncommon

I think that G&W watches prices nowadays are pretty high so you could sell and invest the money, rather than hold on to them

nomidics is offline Very Common

Hi,

I would be interested in the crystal screen balloon fight. Would you consider selling this to me? If not could you let me know when you put it on ebay?

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I find NIB vs CIB to be tricky. I found the boxed game collecting dust at the back of a store shelf, so how do I really know if it's new in box or just CIB? Given it was still on the store shelf, and from what I can tell, it appears to be new as the battery is still in the original packaging, the paperwork and instructions are crisp, and the game itself appears to be in pristine condition. But the box was clearly opened before, and I do see some light fingerprints.

Anyway, I've decided to sell it. I'm no collector, and quite frankly, long term, I think it'll be in better hands with someone who is a collector. I guess the best I can do is take lots of pictures, and let the market on Ebay decide what it's worth.

I travel for work, so I won't be able to Ebay it until probably sometime in October. I'll post some pictures here before I sell it, and also post here when I do put it up for sale. Nomidics, I'll send you an email via your profile when I list it so you can bid for it when I list it.

Thanks again.

I posted the first of 4 new in box games on ebay tonight. The first one up for sale is a new in box Multi Screen Bomb Sweeper, which will be followed by a Gold Cliff, then the Crystal Screen Balloon Fight. Below is a picture of the Crystal Screen Balloon Fight.

NintendoGameWatchBalloonFight4.jpg

Gold Cliff is now posted on ebay for anyone who is interested. Selling the Crystal Screen Balloon Fight soon.

Well, it's time for the main attraction. The Crystal Screen Balloon Fight is now up on Ebay. This will be my last post on this thread. Thanks a bunch to RarityGuide.com. Great site!