+ Reply to Thread
    pantsaregood is offline Very Common

Default The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (Version 1.0, gray cartridge)

I've had this for a long time and it was played heavily. I lack the manual or box, but this version of the game itself is of interest.

I debugged the game to find a build date of 98-10-21, which is only found on v1.0 cartridges. Similarly, certain glitches that are exclusive to v1.0 are found on this cartridge. The front label reads "NUS-CZLE-USE", which I believe is typical of either v1.1 or 1.2.

As far as I know, v1.0 gray cartridges are extremely rare in comparison to all other version of the game. The game is completely functional and the battery save still works. Is this worth anything?

tekaotaku is offline Common

Default Re: The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (Version 1.0, gray cartridge)

Hi

Apparently its one of the rarer versions...

Ocarina of Time Version Guide - ZeldaChaos

Lists the differences between the version and how you can tell....value wise, no idea. Try and find a zelda community or retro gamer community and ask your question. Failing that eBay...look for current auctions and finished auctions.

Good luck with your sale if you choose to go down that route.