+ Reply to Thread
    coralights is offline Uncommon

Fish 1986 METS 25TH ANNIVERSARY CAP WITH AUTOGRAPHS

cap is 25th anniversary white - autographs collected at game vs montral expos in 1986 - any thoughts on pricing would be appreciated

Gary Carter Hall of Fame
    Daryl Strawberry
    Mel Stottlemeyer
    Tim McCarver announcer former player
    Bob Murphy Hall of Fame announcer
    Ray Knight
    Doug Sisk
    Fran Healy announcer former player

AlShealy is offline Very Common

Default Re: 1986 METS 25TH ANNIVERSARY CAP WITH AUTOGRAPHS

I already gave my thoughts 1986 METS 25TH ANNIVERSARY CAP WITH AUTOGRAPHS. But I'm still wondering.... If you do a tiny bit of searching on eBay, you'll see that these autographs are readily available. How in the world did you pick $10,000 and now $800? Now that it's Christmas season you might get $100 for it. That's not an offer.

Al

coralights is offline Uncommon

Thanks for the opinion:
    With the Mets 50th anniversary in the near future - and the uniqueness of this item (there are no others like it) - it still remains to be seen what it is worth - I've seen single autographed Mets items of less vintage & interest - sold for $100++ let alone a comletely unique item like this that dates back 25 years with the 8 autographs that it contains - Bob Murphy, Gary Carter, Strawberry, Stottlemeyer, Knight, Sisk, McCarver & Healy

Therefore it's worth whatever I sell it for and right now that's no less than $800 or higher - and the starting bid will increase with time - there are no items like this on the market that I've ever seen and I've found that comparing apples and oranges doesn't work when it comes to autographs - this is a one of a kind item -

btw what's an authentic yankees shirt worth in your opinion? with derek jeter & Andy Petits autographs? It was auctioned off at a golf outing way back when Petit was on the yankees

AlShealy is offline Very Common

Quote Originally Posted by coralights View Post
    Thanks for the opinion:

btw what's an authentic yankees shirt worth in your opinion? with derek jeter & Andy Petits autographs? It was auctioned off at a golf outing way back when Petit was on the yankees
    If the hat is worth somewhere between $800 and $10,000, then the shirt is worth somewhere between $2 million and $8 gazillion.

If you put it on eBay and let the market decide, my guess is $500 max (assuming you mean it's a jersey as opposed to a t-shirt and assuming you mean Andy Pettitte the pitcher and not Andy Petit the plumber from New Jersey).

Glad to be of help.

Al