+ Reply to Thread
    Purple Iris is offline Common

Ladybug Two Josef Originals Items

Howdy!!

I'm still trying to figure my way around here, so I hope I post the following images and everything correctly. I have two Josef Originals items that I've been researching for a while now and haven't found much info on. The first one is the one I've found the most info on and the second I've found practically nothing on.

The first one is "The Debutante" from The Career Girls series. She is missing her sticker, but says made in Japan and is signed on the bottom. She stands 5-1/4" tall with no chips, dings or cracks. I found her online for $125, but would like more info: the value, year produced, and anything else that would be important to include in the description. The info I have found says The Career Girl series was made circa 1967, but I wish to confirm that.

The second is unknown, but seems to be from the same period as the first one (or earlier). She has both Josef and Japan stickers, is signed on the bottom, and stands 5-1/4" tall with no chips, dings or cracks. I haven't found anything about her online other than some inexperienced seller calling her "The Parasol Lady" on eBay and selling her for far less than I'm sure she's worth. I'm not sure if that's her name or not, so I need to confirm that as well as the value, year produced, and anything else for my description.

I'd like to get these listed sometime today, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Nicole

Kelly is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Two Josef Originals Items

nice items,

about the parasol figure, I looked at ebay and found these two Josefs:
    Josef Originals Japan LITTLE GIRL w Parasol Figurine

LARGE Vtg Josef Originals Girl PARASOL LADY Japan Clean

They are not exactly the same as what you got but the price they sold for seems to suggest that your figure is worth something in the neighborhood of $50?

Sandra is offline Uncommon

based on other Josef original figurines I've seen sold, I'd say they are worth from $40 to $60

Does anyone happen to have the book on Josef Originals by the Whitakers? I was going to buy it, myself, but can't see spending $10-25 when I just have the two. I'd much rather go by that than what's being sold at auction on eBay. I never go by eBay auctions because the same item can go for drastically different prices. Plus, these are very rare. Like I said above, the only listing I've seen for the "Debutante" (by the Whitakers) is for $125 and the other seems to be from the same period. The vast majority of what you find on eBay and elsewhere are the newer items made in the 80s, which aren't as valuable. These were made in the 60s.

Thanks!!

Sunshine is offline Uncommon

I see some figures here being sold from $100 to $200, it reference the career girl series:

Josef Originals~Career Girls~The Florist (Josef Originals) at Born to Collect

Ladybug Re: Two Josef Originals Items

Thanks for your help everyone!! I went ahead and listed them in my store, so feel free to take a looksee.

Although, if anyone happens to have the above mentioned book, I'd really appreciate your looking up these two items. I'm mainly looking for the title of the second one and the year produced and value for both of them.

Thanks again!!

BTW, does anyone know what the latest edition of that Josef Originals book is? If I end up having to buy one, I don't want to get an outdated one. There's one available at the Houston Public Library in downtown Houston, which is over an hour's drive from here, but I believe it said it was from 1996. If I remember right, I believe I've seen a later edition than that.

Thanks again for everyone's help. It truly is appreciated.

Oh, I just noticed my two pics are gone. Was I not supposed to include those, were they too big, or what?

Also, I noticed the edit button keeps disappearing on some of my earlier posts. So, I can't fix the OP. Why is that?

Sorry for being such a newb. LOL

Kelly is offline Uncommon

you can only edit posts for a short while after posting them... I saw the pictures they werent too big or anything if its gone it probably means there is some problem with the link, if you post the corrected pictures I am sure a moderator will fix it in the OP

Oh, yes, DUH!! I had changed the titles of the listings in my store when I finalized them so they could be put up for sale. So that changed the URLs. Thank you for bringing that AHA moment to light. LOL

I'll go ahead and repost the pics here in the same order as they were in the OP in case anyone has any additional info they could provide:

Thanks again!!