+ Reply to Thread
    game&watch is offline Very Common

Default Brand New Commodore 64-Boxed (dont think they sealed them in plastic)

Hi there,

I got quite a few collectables, incl sealed consoles, Game@watch etc.

Im a little confussed as to a price on this

Brand New boxed C64, never been used, 100% complete incl all boxes, manuals, little bits of paper, all plastic bags and packing material.

Very early model (just after the orange key C64), serial number in the 20,000 range.

Orginal invoive from early 1983, plus marketing brochures (that they gave out at shops) for the C64 in 100% condition.

Also the C64 manual is in 100% condition, most pages still stick together its that new.

Can someone quote me a price for interest sake

I dont think C64s were ever sealed with wrap, can someone confirm this ?
    Attached Images

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Default Re: Brand New Commodore 64-Boxed (dont think they sealed them in plastic)

hmmm very cool, not sure about value I looked in ebay:

This one went for around $800 on ebay:

Commodore 64 NEW in BOX -- Never Used (w/ 1541 Floppy)

(with 1541 drive)

This one sold for only $250 though:

Vintage COMMODORE 64 NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX NICE RARE

Default Re: Brand New Commodore 64-Boxed (dont think they sealed them in plastic)

Thanks Zac thats really helpful :-), and a good indication !.

I must add though that the one I have is, a lot earlier model in the 20,000 range (the datacassete still came as standard), and also the instruction manual looks alot more worn in the one in the picture (mine stiill virgin lol), also I have the orginal recept, and all the marketing brouchures.

The one that went for less in the ebay auction links you posted, looks in better condition than the more expensive one.

Oge
    Oge is offline Common

Do you have HQ pictures of the C64?

Marco is offline Very Common

I shee that you have a new boxed Commodore 64 unit. I'd like to purchase a complete unit including floppy drive with blank disks, a monitor, and a printer. Is your's for sale?

Marco E Ciriello

Im not really interested in selling, and if I did It would be in the US$1000+ range, and the shipping would be expensive, and would need to be sent fully tracked and insured, so yeah it would be expenensive, and im not that keen on selling.

Im expecting it to really increase in value over the years, as there is MANY C64 used and unboxed, they dont go for much at all (far to many not scarce )

But when it comes to a brand new, never been used, with marketing info, orginial Invoice, C64 thats a different story, they dont come up to often at all.

I notced that when I typed in C64 into ebay for sales in the last 3 weeks (on selling page, under "whats it worth") something went for US$2940 wow !!.

jkhansolo is offline Very Common

This is an old thread. I saw it today. I wonder if this C64 is still available? Is there anyone whom I can contact with?