+ Reply to Thread
    jeanette25 is offline Very Common

Default Help with 3 piece knife set

I have a 3 piece carving knife set including a knife, fork and sharpening rod in the original box. The box is leather covered wood, The inside of the box is white satin and red velvet lined. On the knife and the satin lining reads as follows:
    graphic of a 5 pointed crown
    alpha
    Harrison bros & Houson ltd.
    silversmiths & cutlers
    Sheffield England
    The knife, fork and sharpening rod is also stamped stainless.
    I believe the handles are stag horn. I think the end cap is silver. I do not find any marks that actually state silver, but the color is different that the knife blade and tarnish like silver. The end caps on my set are flat. I have search the internet and I cannot find any information on this set. The only set I can find from this silversmith has silver end caps that are very ornate. There is much about harrison bros & howson but not houson. Any information would be helpful. Thanks jeanette25

BotiqueUnique is offline Very Common

Default Re: Help with 3 piece knife set

Hello Jeanette! I think I may have found your Set on Ruby Lane! If its anything like the one I found ,It sold for 250.00! Heres the link:
    Fine Harrison Brothers & Houson 3 Piece Antler Handle Carving Set from e3antiques on Ruby Lane.
    One thing, I would like to point out to anyone who reads this, is, When researching items ,like this one, on Auction sites. remember the "Asking Price" may not be an accurate determination of value, because, In my opinion as an online seller an Item is only worth what you can get PAID for it. please remember to check out items that are receiving bids as a more reliable comparison, rather than the asking price item that is sitting stagnant.
    hope this helps... I will look a bit more and see if I can dig anything Else up.
    ~ Estelle

jeanette25 is offline Very Common

Hi Estelle, Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately that is not the set I have. Here is a link to tinypic so that you can see a picture of it. I keep on searching. Thanks again.
    http://i55.tinypic.com/mmsx00.jpg

AndrewCampbell is offline Very Common

It is easy to get hold of an antique collection but to know its origins and whereabouts would need a lot of research before deriving with some factual data. It definitely requires some time and effort but after knowing the history, it will all be well worth it.

panistefanin is offline Common

I would like to read about it anymore. Prompt, what literature to study? wells fargo routing number Virginia