+ Reply to Thread
    wdkilo is offline Common

Default Rare NES Games - Anyone seen these?

I sell games on ebay and I came across two nes cartridges that I cannot seem to find any information on. One is a black cartridge that says: LA04 TV GAME CARTRIDGE
    and the other is a light gray cartridge that looks like a puzzle game with all japanese writing.

I would like to know if listing these would violate any copyright rules, and if not, what kind of value would you guys place on these?

Thanks
    -kilo

(I tried to attach pictures using a link, and by uploading...if they do not show up they can be viewed at: http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/6/3/7...13800779_o.jpg and at: http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/6/3/7...31381174_o.jpg

Attached Images

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default re: Rare NES Games - Anyone seen these?

The second game has the Taito logo, so it is likely that was an official release, I'm not sure though.

wdkilo is offline Common

You are right...The second game does have the taito logo, which I had not recognized before. After doing some additional research, the graphics appear to be of the game: Flipull/Plotting. The weird thing is that I cannot find the game using even a 90 day completed item search (using TeraPeak Market Research) of the standard game, let alone the one with japanese writing. I am wondering if this could be some kind of test cartridge or unreleased promo of the game???

Anyone have any ideas?

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Never seen these cartridges before, am guessing they are very rare...

Where'd you get them?

wdkilo is offline Common

I have a wholesale agreement with some thrift stores in my area where I can buy the games before they hit the shelves. These came in with several other rare (but findable) games.

wdkilo is offline Common

Default Re: Rare NES Games - ANYONE SEEN OR HEARD OFTHESE?

As an update:

As pointed out by BlackDS (moderator), the second game does have the taito logo, which I had not recognized before. After doing some additional research, the graphics on the sticker appear to be of the game: Flipull/Plotting. The weird thing is that I cannot find the game using even a 90 day completed item search (using TeraPeak Market Research) of the standard game, let alone the one with japanese writing. I am wondering if this could be some kind of test cartridge or unreleased promo of the game???

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: Rare NES Games - Anyone seen these?

Quote Originally Posted by wdkilo View Post
    I have a wholesale agreement with some thrift stores in my area where I can buy the games before they hit the shelves. These came in with several other rare (but findable) games.
    How do you get this opportunity? I wouldn't mind first pickings at a few stores myself!
    Oh, and the first game is probably a clone of DK Junior (or something like that)
    Scroll down to the bottom of this list, and there is a section on unofficial games. LA04 is probably represents the 4th game from a company, so that could help you finding out what the hell these games are.
    http://www.cinemassacre.com/AVGN/collection/NES.html
    Find!
    I was right about this being DK junior
    Whirlwind Manu
    LA01 Mario Bros dumped emulated cover
    LA02 Popeye dumped emulated cover
    LA03 Donkey Kong dumped emulated cover
    LA04 Donkey Kong Jr. dumped emulated cover
    THis is part of a large list I found, and I also discovered a label variation?

CaH4e3 page
    This yellow cart is likely a famicom game, yours is the American version (hunch)
    I'd post this on some NES fan sites (like nintendoage.com)
    Last edited by BlackDS; 10-23-2009 at 09:34 PM.

kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Rare NES Games - Anyone seen these?

Nice, where'd you find that list?

Edit: NM just saw the link, its kinda tiny here it is again http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/cartsbase.php