+ Reply to Thread
    ifirefight is offline Very Common

Default Nintendo World Championship Patch

Hello all, I am new to this site and have a few questions maybe somebody can help me with. I attended the Nintendo World Championships in 1990, I didnt win or anything,however I did recieve an iron on patch which I still have. I have searched and searched but am unable to find a value,or one that has even been sold. Any idea of a price for this item. It is in PERFECT condition.
    Also I am going thru my closet and found my Nintendo Power magazine collection.. I have 92 issues in all starting with the Nintendo fun club magazine 5,6 and 7. Then the FIRST ISSUE of nintendo power complete thru the 59th issue then issues 81-111. These are on a scale of 1-10 probably a 8.5-9. I was in my 20s when these mags were released,so its not like some younger child abused the magazines. Anyway almost EVERYONE of them has the original posters,stickers,mailin cards,etc.. whatevr came with the magazine is STILL IN the magazine. These have been stored inside a/c house and a while ago were all vaccum sealed in bags for storage. What do you thing the whole lots of these mags would be worth?? I also have the original NES systems and many games with boxs and manuals,which I will catalog next... Thanks for ANY help.
    Last edited by ifirefight; 09-24-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Josh is offline Very Rare

Default Re: Nintendo World Championship Patch

can you post a photo of the patch?

[IMG][/IMG]i will try.
    I also found this in a box.
    here are the magazines..
    hope this worked
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by ifirefight; 09-24-2010 at 10:40 AM. Reason: trying to post pics

gaminger is offline Uncommon

whoa that nintendo world championships patch is definetly very rare

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

only information I can find about this patch is here:

The Warp Zone

"Everyone who went to the competition recieved a Nintendo World Championship Insider's Guide. Within the guide there was a mail-order form for a Nintendo World Championships patch. Besides, when you left the competition you also got a plush Mario or Luigi doll. That makes everyone a winner."

starfire is offline Uncommon

you could always try putting it on Ebay and seeing how high the bids will go (you can set up a very high reserve or something to be safe)

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    only information I can find about this patch is here:

The Warp Zone

"Everyone who went to the competition recieved a Nintendo World Championship Insider's Guide. Within the guide there was a mail-order form for a Nintendo World Championships patch. Besides, when you left the competition you also got a plush Mario or Luigi doll. That makes everyone a winner."
    I dont recall ever recieving the Insiders guide ( it has been 20 years now) And I know for sure ,I never got a plush doll. I have saved every Nintendo thing I ever recieved and dont see it in any of my boxes... Im not sure how the contest worked in other cities,but in Miami I dont think the dolls were given out...Like I said, I cannot find 1 instance of this patch being sold or offered for sale. Im sure they gave out thousands..but who knows.

I have found the pdf of the guide you mentioned..on page 17 is the offer of the patch you are refering to.. this patch is totally different than the one I have,and I believe that one was for the people who BOUGHT the insiders guide and filled out the offer to subscribe to the magazine, and DID NOT actually compete in the contest.

http://www.digitpress.com/library/ma...mpionships.pdf
    Last edited by ifirefight; 09-24-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling

gaminger is offline Uncommon

The patch looks like the one on the nintendo world championship trucker hat here:

STUFF #1 - Nintendo World Championship (NWC) Cart, Hat

yup,that certainly looks like my patch. Like I said,the patch looks to be and "iron on" type because the back of it is coated with a clear "glue" Im thinking would melt and adhere to a shirt/hat when heated with an iron. This could be what somebody did or they may have sold these hats at the show...again,I cant be sure. After more searching,it seems that the Miami show was the second to last show and probably explains why I did not recieve the plush doll..Im assuming they ran out. Anyway,thanks to everyone for all the information so far. With regards to my magazine collection..anybody wanna throw a number out there for a fair price for the whole lot?? Im thinking of listing the whole lot of magazines on ebay and want to know a good starting point. Im sure I could sell for more if I listed the mags seperatley..but I dont think I want to go that route. Thanks

umbreon is offline Uncommon

This lot of 65 issues sold for $110 but yours sounds a lot better, maybe like $400?

REVIVING an old thread. Listed on Ebay for someone else to enjoy.