+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    jdixon08 is offline Common

Default Battle of the Planets - GForce Toy

Hi, I have a boxed Battle of the Planets Toy. There are 5 individual ships, GForce 1 to 5. These then combine to make 1 large ship. It is in its orginal box. I have tried searching the internet to find a similar item, to no avail as yet. It was made by Bandai. Does anyone have information about this toy or if its worth anything. I believe its from the early 80's. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. I have photos of the toy. Thanks

Riddle is offline Uncommon

I loved Battle of the Planets!

I would assume that your ship is worth a lot especially since you have the box as well, but it would be helpful if you could post photos of it? Here you can find instructions on how to post photos:

How to post photos of your items

Or if its not possible you can try giving a very detailed description, like color of the box, what it says on it, what year, and so on

Thanks for your response, I will try and post a pic. Basically the toy is like a combination of transformer/power ranger. Thats the best way to desribe it. 5 individual ships merging into 1. GForce 1 is a Red Ship, GForce 2 is a blue race car, GForce 3 is a Green Hover ship, GForce 4 is a black and white vehicle and GForce 5 is a Yellow Vehicle, all of these vehicles join together to form 1 large ship. There are also very small characters with them and yellow and red plastic missiles along with some silver plastic accessories. Hope this description helps.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdixon08 View Post
    Thanks for your response, I will try and post a pic. Basically the toy is like a combination of transformer/power ranger. Thats the best way to desribe it. 5 individual ships merging into 1. GForce 1 is a Red Ship, GForce 2 is a blue race car, GForce 3 is a Green Hover ship, GForce 4 is a black and white vehicle and GForce 5 is a Yellow Vehicle, all of these vehicles join together to form 1 large ship. There are also very small characters with them and yellow and red plastic missiles along with some silver plastic accessories. Hope this description helps.
    Thanks for the pic,

I have a friend who collects BOTP stuff, I'll check with him if he knows. Do you happen to have a pic of the box?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images

Interesting, I've never seen that Battle of the Planets toy before so I can only assume it is very rare

But yeah I'll ask my friend tonight if he has any idea how much its worth.

Well I showed it to my friend and he also hasnt seen this one before. We think therefore that it is really rare. Worth maybe $1,000 depending on condition.

Thanks for your help on this. You really think that it could be worth that much? The toys are in really good condition and the box is aswell. Has one rip on the side of the box at the corner. It has been stored away ever since I was a kid. I live in the UK, do you think there would be potential buyers for this toy? Thanks once again for your help. John

Well the rip on the box slightly decreases its value, but otherwise yeah I think it is worth a lot.

I didnt realise it was worth so much, Ive tried to find the same toy searching the internet, but Ive seen nothing that looks like it. I really need to be posting the photos onto some BOTP fans sites, to see what sort of interest is shown. Im hoping that there will be some fans who are interested in it.

Cactus is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by jdixon08 View Post
    Thanks for your help on this. You really think that it could be worth that much? The toys are in really good condition and the box is aswell. Has one rip on the side of the box at the corner. It has been stored away ever since I was a kid. I live in the UK, do you think there would be potential buyers for this toy? Thanks once again for your help. John
    It might sound high for a toy but for example I recently sold a boxed and complete He-Man MOTU Masters of the Universe Castle Eternia Playset for $2000. So you never know.

I think my next step is to see if there is any interest in the item. Toys are only worth what people will pay for them. I dont have a clue how to go about this. If anyone has any suggestions, all help will be appreciated. Thanks

klicker is offline Super Moderator

One obvious place to sell it would be Ebay. However many people go to Ebay to find a good deal so sometimes things will not sell there for as much as you want.

Otherwise you can try posting in free local classifieds, and also look in fan sites like you said see what kind of interest there is for it.

Does anyone know of any fan websites or other websites where I could post photos of the toy ?

Zak
    Zak is offline Old School Gamer

Thanks for all the comments and help, much appreciated.
    Thanks for your help Riddle. Is your friend interested in the toy ? Do you or he know of anyone who would be interested ?

I think we all are at the minute, lol.
    Ive sent the pics and description to a few different people, and as yet, know one has seen this before.
    Would it have been something your friend would have been interested in then ?

Zoltar is offline Common

Hi I am Riddle's Friend

You got a very cool Battle of the Planets toy there.

I would definetly have been interested (Had I had the money)

Nice to know I have something different. Just trying to see if there are any collectors out there who are interested in the toy. Before I do I wanted to get a rough guide price, just in case, someone tried to con me or rip me off. Thanks for your responses

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast