+ Reply to Thread
    38LAW is offline Very Common

Brain Quite a few older books, need price they may be worth?

The first is

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
    In side it says New York GROSSET & DUNLAP PUBLISHERS
    It is Hard Cover and old. The bind of the book is dark green cloth and the rest of the book is light green with a picture that seems a bit faded .. it looks like just the ocean. On the cover there are some scratches like 5 or 7 inside there is some writing one in pencil 5.99 and there is a library sticker in the very front. looks like someone taped the binding on the inside of the fron cover but when you try to open the book it feels like it has never been read. there are 304 pages and 10 pages of ... well the first one says FAMOUS COPYRIGHT BOOKS IN POPULAR PRICED EDITIONS IT THEN LISTS DIFFENT BOOKS YOU SHOULD BUY EACH COPY IS 75 cents each
    then goes on to nature books, books of gardening and farming, this is cloth bound book. Can you help me find out how much this may be worth?

Also I have
    O'Henry Memorial award prize stories of 1945 edited by Hershel Brickell dark green cloth bound, Doubleday, Doran and Company, Inc Garden City 1945 New York, it is in great shape no writing except in the very back in back cover very small in pencil deg 250 that is all there is to this one.

Hero Tales From History Burnham blue cloth bound. small writing in side copy right 1930 by John C. Winston Company top part of binder is ripped about 2 inches or less only in the front.

The next one O.Henry The voice of the city, Authorized Edition published by Doubleday, page and copyany for review of reviews co. 1916 ... on the next page it says copyright, 1908, by doubleday, page & Company, then in small print in the botton is says copyright, 1903, 1908 by ainslee magazine compny copyright, 1904, 1905, 1906, by press publishing company. Dark green cloth binding. when you open the front cover it says Holmes in dark ink then down from that something written in pencil. inside the back binding it looks like someone added some of his work taped in the last two pages.

Red cloth bound book, titled BRUCE albert Payson TerhunePublisher Grosset & Dunlap New York Copyright, 1920, by E.P. Dutton & Company there is some writing in side on the title page.

THen I have green cloth books by Mark Twain. There is library label on iside the front cover of them. I have Volume 10, 1, 4, 11, 6, 5, 23, 21, 2. So I have nine of them. On the inside there is a printed notation on the iside of all of them saying This is the authorized uniform edition of my books Mark Twain. copyright 1873, 1899, by Samuel L. Clemens and Charles D. Warner
    Copyright, 1901, by Samuel L. Clemens and Susan Lee Warner
    Copyright, 1915, by Clara Gabrilowitsch and Susan Lee Warner Printed in the United States of America. On the inside back bind it says Wm. Parker Cando, N.D. 1/4/19 in the back of each one with an american flag they are all in great shape.

Any and all help would be great. I do want to sell these if I can.

FarCloud is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Quite a few older books, need price they may be worth?

I had these books:

O'Henry Memorial award prize stories of 1945 edited by Hershel Brickell dark green cloth bound, Doubleday, Doran and Company, Inc Garden City 1945 New York, it is in great shape no writing except in the very back in back cover very small in pencil deg 250 that is all there is to this one.

Hero Tales From History Burnham blue cloth bound. small writing in side copy right 1930 by John C. Winston Company top part of binder is ripped about 2 inches or less only in the front.

I put them on Ebay for a while with low starting bid but they didnt sell... so am guessing those two are not worth much