+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New game

pikachukid95 is offline Uncommon

Default New game

OK, so i have just joined this website, yay me, but at the same time as checking the pokemon forums, i was starting again on platinum. The main reason being, i was using pokesav and got bored after a while. So any advice throughout the game would be very appreciated, such as how to catch pokemon without many attempts and such.

Thank you if you can help

Default Re: New game

Yea i can help you if u need any help with anythin I'm on the 8th gym leader so i no most of the game

Dodrio is offline Uncommon

To catch pokemon without many attempts try to bring them to very low health (but careful not to kill them) you can also hypnotize them so they sleep

if health is very low you have more chance of catching them first attempt also you can use better pokeballs such as great ball for better chance if you didnt bring them to low enough health

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrio View Post
    To catch pokemon without many attempts try to bring them to very low health (but careful not to kill them) you can also hypnotize them so they sleep

if health is very low you have more chance of catching them first attempt also you can use better pokeballs such as great ball for better chance if you didnt bring them to low enough health
    I dont have any great balls, but i chose chimchar as my starting pokemon and caught a starly and shinx

Im at oreburgh city, and i have 7 pokémon: Chimchar, Zubat, Shinx, Starly, Ponyta, Machop and Geodude.

any advice as what to do before i battle the gym leader?
    Last edited by pikachukid95; 06-17-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: table went wrong

If ur done with Roark, then use Staravia against Gardenia. Just for the extra Exp

my staravia got Ko'd because of the roserade and it kept getting healed, and i didnt have any potions, but my monferno finished it

Thanks for the advice. I Evolved 3: Chimchar to monferno, Starly to Staravia and Shinx to Luxio.

You should definately get a gible it's like a powerhouse pokemon. It's incredably strong and hard to take down.