+ Reply to Thread
    nbrack88 is offline Very Common

Default Shanghai, Pitfall II, Solitaire Royal, Ishido

I've just finished reading a book titled "Lucky That Way" by Brad Fregger, that showcased his role as production manager at Atari and Activision, producing titles like Shanghai, Pitfall II, Solitaire Royal, and Ishido. Not many know Brad was responsible for producing the most popular computer game in history: Solitaire Royal. It's a very interesting read about his work in producing games when the industry was at its beginnings. It was neat to hear him talk about producing titles for the Atari, PC, and Mac. The people behind the greatest games are often left unmentioned, so it was fascinating to hear some of the people he came across that are now giants. Reading this title I was reminded of all the old school games and how great playability they still hold today.

Epsilon is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Shanghai, Pitfall II, Solitaire Royal, Ishido

Inteteresting, I'll have to look that book up, thanks for sharing

nbrack88 is offline Very Common

Default Re: Shanghai, Pitfall II, Solitaire Royal, Ishido

Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
    Inteteresting, I'll have to look that book up, thanks for sharing
    You bet, and here's some links to help you find the book and some more info:

YouTube - Shanghai, Solitaire, and Easter Eggs : to hear brad speak a little about his book

http://www.groundbreaking.com/Brad_Fregger/lucky.htm: to find the book

Enjoy!