+ Reply to Thread
    Carbonthief is offline Very Common

Default How to play these music files

Download Ultris - Freeware Software - Tucows

In that link you will find a download of an old mac tetris clone. I used to play it some on an old mac I used to have. The music was just great. I remember having put the music files from the game into itunes and burning them on a cd, and it just worked. Well now I'm on a PC and thought about the game and it's music, and thought I'd really like to hear the music again.

The files have no extensions. I had really thought that they were midi files, so I tried just making them midi files by putting .midi and .mid at the end. Doesn't work. The files just will not play.

I have experimented with appending various extensions but I just know they have to be midi of some sort.

Any help would be appreciated.

Epsilon is offline Uncommon

Default Re: How to play these music files

How do you open that .sit file?

You need Stuffit expander. Free download.

StuffIt Deluxe 2010

By the way, I got on a mac, and these files are just midis. On my mac, they show up on midis, and just play fine. But I send one of these midis to a friend on a PC? Bam it's just a stupid extensionless file that doesn't work even if you add .mid or .midi on the end.

I'm going to have to run these through some kind of converter on my mac I guess, but this just doesn't make any sense to me. Why would a handful of midis of all file types just not work on Windows? I can play other midis just fine on Windows.

Brad is offline Uncommon

I was able to play them by putting the .midi extension, and playing it using quicktime player.

great music indeed

0_o

Well. Why the hell did that not work for me... My Quicktime just locked up when I tried. Gonna give it another go tomorrow. But that's exactly how I expected it to work but for some reason, it just didn't.

But yeah, good music. I can't believe I still remember it after all this time. I forget names and faces but I never forget a good song.

Brad is offline Uncommon

actually when I loaded the song for the 1st time my quicktime also appeared to lock up, but if you click on play again (while it seems like its locked up) it will get unlocked (at least thats what happened to me...)