+ Reply to Thread
    kangaroo is offline Uncommon

Default Do more people collect and play NES or SNES

What do you think is more popular among gamers and collectors, the NES or the SNES?

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: Do more people collect and play NES or SNES

Probably NES because its such a nostalgic powerhouse, saved the industry, and its a lot harder to make a substantial collection because it has so many games, yet much easier because there are plenty of common ones. SNES is just there

This was my 250th post so you better appriciate it!

wdkilo is offline Common

You are probably right DS...from a strictly collectible standpoint, NES games are probably more in demand for the reasons that you stated. I do think, however, that the playability of most SNES games keeps the values on par...I am pretty sure that the AVERAGE SNES game is probably worth slightly more than the AVERAGE Nes Game.

eliphas0 is offline Uncommon

I am pretty sure that the AVERAGE SNES game is probably worth slightly more than the AVERAGE Nes Game.
    I agree and prefer to play my SNES games for several reasons. Including Fun Factor and Frustration Factors.

I find that many, many people (mostly mainstream retro gamers) pay too much for NES games despite their being Common and of Little Value. Although it is good for the seller its very frustrating to collectors.