+ Reply to Thread
    Telekin is offline Common

Default where do you get a ds and how much does it cost

where do you get a nintendo ds and how much does it cost?

BlackDS is offline Scarce

Default Re: where do you get a ds and how much does it cost

Thank you for a DS queston!
    You can buy DSes at many stores including supermarkets like Wal*mart and Target, Wholsale stores such as Sam's club and Costco, and of course, game stores like Gamestop.
    DS lite is around 120, while DS-i is 160-170
    However, you can find working DS phats, lites, and mabye a few Is used on ebay and other auction sites for about 50 bucks!
    I prefer the DS lite because it has the GBA port, which increases the numbre of compatible games by hundreds and allows you to play Guitar hero, Tony hawk motion, and a bunch of other more gimmicky games.
    With the DS-I, you have a built in internet browser (one can be purchased for the other models though) You can download games onto the small hard drive or SD cards, however there are currently few good "apps" for the DS-i. No GBA either. Also, you get 2 (count 'em TWO!) cameras, but they are pretty low resolution, even by cell phone standards.

Hope you survived my wall of text and mabye come back to ask about the best DS games, you'll be reading for hours!

Telekin is offline Common

Thanks for the info,

what are the best DS games?

BlackDS is offline Scarce

You.....
    Alright, lets begin, at the begining.
    Platformers
    Obviously, the answer is mario games, its not even a question, but mario is the answer. Super Mario 64DS and New Super Mario Bros are the best. SM64DS takes a little while getting used with the controlls, but it becomes quite enjoyable after that. The cool thing about Sega not having a handheld means you don't have to buy it to play Sonic Rush, which is considered by many as the best 2D sonic game in many years (myself included). It has a lot of the classic gameplay, with a impressing sound, a new character, and the Dual screen gimmick. Theres also Sonic Rush Adventure, but I know nothing about it. Other Nintendo games include the Yoshi series (YI DS and Yoshi Touch and Go), and super princess peach, which I have heard is very easy, so its a good choice for a little kid. Theres also a few Kirby games, but I never followed the series, so there ya go.

Racing
    Mario Kart. Its the obvious choice for a reason. All of the classic gameplay elements are there, with 16 new tracks and 16 ones from the older games. There are plenty of Need for Speed games for the system, but I dont know much about those because I prefer the console versions. DO NOT get Ford Racing 3, it ruined my opinion of racing games on the DS.

FPS
    Despite not being a graphical prowress, the DS has plenty of good FPS games. In this regard, buy Metroid Prime. I dont want to take forever to describe its awesomness, just trust me. Story mode is short, but Wi-fi is the best on DS. Other solid games include the Call of Duty series (4 & World at War), and Moon. Also, there is a new title called C.O.R.E. which looks promising, and its rated M.

Action/Adventure
    I'm not sure if this game really belongs here, but oh well, its here. Tramua Center: Under the Knife 2 is a game where you play the role of a master surgeon and, well, you do surgeries! The story is epic, graphics are good, controlls are near-perfect, its one of the best. I suggest this one and not the first one because there is no way to select the difficulty, while in TC: UK2, you can. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom hourglass is a must-buy. It has the cartoony art style of Wind Waker, but gameplay is classsic, controlls are perfect, yet are touch screen only.

I'll get the rest later, gimme some time.