We have posted a review of Sonic Unleashed for the Nintendo Wii. You can find the review in our articles section.

-----------------------------------------

Intro

The difference, as the game claims is that of day and night. Sonic is the main star in this game with only cameos with some of the Sonic Crew. Still, it offers a bit of diverse play while staying at least somewhat faithful to the Sonic-style of speedy game play. I’ll admit, as I looked at the game and took in the basics of the controls, opting to play it with my Gamecube controller, opposed to the Wii Remote, for familiarity and response. It had a lot of control options thankfully, so choose the one that works best for you, sit down and hold on!

Story

The planet Mobius is shattered apart by a blast drawn from Super Sonic’s Powers and an ancient evil, Dark Gaia, arises after Sonic falls victim to one of Dr. Robotnik’s plans he finds himself transformed into a Were-hog. Far from a great day for the “Way-Past-Cool” Hedgehog (I read the Sonic the Hedgehog comics, what can I say?). Now accompanied by his friends, lending him support, and the little creature he calls “Chip”, Sonic needs to recharge the 7 Chaos Emeralds and face down Dark Gaia.

Gameplay

Here’s where the game REALLY differs from many of the console Sonic games in the past. First the player has no control over the camera, in an odd way, a welcome change after the hi-jinks of Sonic Adventure 1 and 2. As you play through the game you will find various items as well, giving you access to the cut-scenes, music and artwork. While it’s only a little bonus, it’s definitely a nice little nod to the Sonic Fans out...

Read the full review here:
Hedgehog in the Night: Sonic Unleashed