+ Reply to Thread
    Geno is offline Very Common

Default Two decks, One discussion

Starting off these decks aren't for any kind of competition just casual play with friends and whoever else I may meet at the local shop or college.

I have two decks I am working on. One has been built while the other is still in the bought building stages. I have a Kor deck which has been built and just needs some fine tuning and then a Vampire deck which I am trying to work into a finished product to build. Ok then shall we get into the first deck, the Kor.

Creatures:
    3-Armament Master
    3-Kazandu Blademaster
    3-Kor Duelist
    3-Kor Outfitter
    2-Kor Aeronaut
    2-Kor Sanctifiers
    2-Kor Skyfisher
    2-Steppe Lynx

Spells/Artifacts:
    4-Grappling Hook
    3-whispersilk Cloak
    3-Trusty Machete
    2-Magebane Armor
    2-Explorer's Scope
    2-Bone Saw
    2-Conqueror's Pledge

Land:
    20 Plains
    2 Emeria, Sky Ruin

After writing this deck out it just pops out to me as having some weird flaws. To me it seems I just need to take out the Blademasters and put in something else. I'm not sure if I should up the Steppe Lynx to 4 or just leave it. I feel like I need to either do that or put trade the Blademasters for Stoneforge Mystic.

The artifact equipment just don't seem right to me either. I feel as if the Grappling Hooks should just go and be replaced with somehing else such as adding in 2 more Bonesaws. Other equipment I have thought about adding are Basilisk Collars, Golem-Skin Gauntlets, and Cranial Plating. I feel as if I should just be focusing on lower cost equipments to quickly boost my other Kor.

Last for the Kor deck is the sideboard. Right now I really don't have one and was unsure of what to add to it. Was thinking of including Kor Cartographers and Kor Firewalkers. Also thought I might want Devout Lightcaster in there. Last to maybe add is Path to Exile or Oblivion Ring.

Ok now for the vampire deck that is only pseudobuilt.

Creatures/Planeswalker:
    4-Vampire Nighthawk
    4-Vampire Lacerator
    4-Guul Draz Vampire
    4-Blood Seeker
    4-Bloodghast
    2-Vampire Hexmage
    2-Ascendant Evincar
    2-Gatekeeper of Malakir
    2-Kalastria Highborn
    2-Sorin Markov

Spells/Artifacts:
    4-Dark Ritual
    2-Doom Blade
    2-Unearth
    2-Blade of the Bloodchief

Land:
    20-Swamp

Starting right off I know I have no Nocturnus in there. Right now I am not worrying about him simply cause I don't feel like shelling out the money for him. The $40 that would be spent on him could pretty much build the rest of the deck. In time I will get to collecting him.

Now with the actual deck. First off the 20 swamp seems like it should be changed. Maybe leave the 20 but add in some stuff to search. However, just running test hands and turns I rarely had mana trouble with 1 and 2 cost creatures and the dark rituals. Next, I wonder about the choice of spells and whether I should add more Doom Blades and get rid of the Uneartha in the deck and throw them into a sideboard.

Now onto the creatures. I think I mitt be spreading myself a little thin with the amount of just 2 creatures I have. Not sure what ones I should take out either. Maybe the Evincar's and maybe add in 2 more Gatekeepers. The side deck that I don't have really figured out I was think of keeping BloodWitches and Pulse Trackers in it. Maybe Nirkanq Revenants, bubthen again I don't have much mana problems. Not sure what else creature wise or spell wise to include in the side.

Not expecting anyone to truly read through my walls of text, but thanks to anyone that is willing to try and help me polish one deck to shine and help shape the other inti workable material.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Default Re: Two decks, One discussion

I'm just going to comment on your Weenie deck and then show you the list I would play.

Blademasters - are bad if your not running allies and you have a Kor theme going so he is bad and honestly White Knight is just better because he has evasion.

Kor Outfitter - is just terrible by the time you have him you will already have the equipment on the guy you want it on.

Kor Aeronaught - He really just dosn't jive with the whole equipment theme really at all you'll see what I mean when you see my list.

Kor Sanctifiers - Good sideboard card.

Steppe Lynx - not fetches make this a dead card if your not droping land.

Grappling Hook - Just plain terrible

Megabane Armor - to costly to cast really

Scope - You have a low curve you don't need to be serching for a land all the time.

Whispersilk Cloak - It's okay if you can get it on the Armament Master quick otherwise I don't care for it.

My list would be something like this:

Creatures:
    4-Armament Master
    4-Kor Duelist
    4-Kor Skyfisher
    4-Kitesail Apprentice
    4-Stoneforge Mystic

Spells/Artifacts:
    3-Trusty Machete
    3-Bone Saw
    2-Basalisk Collar
    3-Pacafism
    4-Journey
    4-Oblivion Ring

Land:
    18 Plains
    3 Emeria, Sky Ruin

This gives you tutors for the equipment, a removal package and a very low curve for equiping creatures. Im kinda leary of the Duelist because if he dosn't get equiped fast with a Machete he is kinda slow but turn one with equipments can make him great. Overall I would play this just because you have mostly fliers and they will want to get rid of the Master first and your fliers will do the deed quickly, plus I love low curves like this one.

Side not you may even cut 2 duelists and run Expadition Map so you can serch out Emeria if you don't have one by seven Plains but I really don't see that being a problem, because the game should be over before you need to recursion.

Geno is offline Very Common

Default Re: Two decks, One discussion

Thanks for the help. That build looks much more streamline and quicker tongans someone out. The Journeys will be good for taking out their creatures. Will probably build a sidedeck containing other Kors. Probably include Firewalkers for having to deal with red.