+ Reply to Thread
    ngi101 is offline Very Common

Fish Worldwake U/W Allies

Here's a worldwake ally deck I've built, so far I've play tested vs jund, white weenie, and some vampire decks, so far it has almost a 65-75 percent success rating with Mono black Vampires giving me the hardest time (50/50)

Creatures
    4 Freeblades,
    3 Clerics,
    4 Blademaster,
    4 Evangels
    3 Jwari Shapeshifters
    3 Paladins ally,
    2 Loremasters,
    3 Join the ranks,

Spells
    4 Negates
    4 Brave the elements
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Path to Exiles

Lands
    9 Plains
    3 Islands
    3 Colonades u/w
    2 Sejiri Refuge u/w
    4 Arid Mesa
    1 Misty Rain forrest

Sideboard -
    3 Celestial Purge
    4 Firewalkers
    2 Cancels
    2 Into the Roil
    2 Paths to exile
    2 Oblivion Rings

This deck has 26 creatures - all allies with the join the ranks giving 2 more creatures, it is usually a ridicoulous fast deck with 14 creatures costing 2 or less that all grow fast.

The evangel and blademaster are my two favorite, the blademaster gets big fast and first strike and vigilent are awesome... and anyone who is doing white allies without 4 evangels is not taking allies seriously... I win half my games because of that card, all allies have protection from any color (you can bypass all of thier defense, and they can't do a thing about it, no spells to hurt u). This deck is made to be able to play with only 2-3 land for the first 4-5 turns, and still wreck - if the loremaster gets to be used even once he was worth the 5 mana (because he usually nets me extra 3-5 cards) but more then 2-3 in a deck is bad, because drawing 2 of him early hurts alot, the shapeshifter is a 3 of because u need others to copy but he's great to help out with any situation.

Their are 4 negates and 4 brave the elements for keeping your creatures alive or to stop mass removal (the only times I've lost is due to a ton of black removal early on or getting day of judgement on fourth tourn without a negate in hand)- all other removal is mute because with 4 braves, 4 negates and the evangel nothing else makes a big enough dent to slow the deck down.

The only card that I'm not that excited about is the cleric (but he's helped me stay alive many times to come back with an evangel and paladin to kick ass)

Thoughts? I'm wondering if I should remove the Loremasters for the new jace, or if there is anything else that might help against Tournment Winning Vampires (I have no problems beating them but it is always about 50/50 and usually comes down to the starting draws)

Default Re: Worldwake U/W Allies

Rather than Jace, I'd say take out the Loremasters for either Elspeth, Knight-Errant or Ajani Goldmane. Jace belongs more in a control deck, while Elspeth or Goldmane belong in an aggro deck. I'd say use Goldmane if you find yourself swarming more. Use Elspeth if you play few creatures. Considering this deck is allies, I'd go with Goldmane.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

If your running blue you are silly for not just making it an Allly Mill deck with Halimar Excavator especially with Join the Ranks and Evangel to protect them....... and you have Shapeshifter to make copies of them. Why do you have Brave the Elements when you have Evangel? You have Join the Ranks that is an instant and you can use it for protection. Ditch Path you don't wanna give anyone free land in this format anymore get Journey's and I think there are alot better lists than this one especially when you don't run Essence Scatter or Treasure Hunt which you can use in conjunction with Halimar Depths for optimal card draw along with Seagate Loremaster. On my lunch I will post my deck list.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

23 Creatures

4 Halimar Excavators
    3 Clerics
    4 Blademaster
    4 Evangels
    3 Jwari Shapeshifters
    3 Talus Paladin
    2 Sea Gate Loremaster

14 Spells

3 Negates
    3 Essence Scatter
    2 Oblivion Ring
    2 Journey to Knowhere
    2 Join the Ranks

23 Lands

4 Celestial Colonade
    4 Marsh Flats
    4 Scalding Tarn
    6 Plains
    5 Islands

Sideboard -
    3 Celestial Purge
    4 Firewalkers
    2 Cancels
    2 Into the Roil
    2 Paths to exile
    2 Oblivion Rings

Something similar to that is what I would run I think. Also at our local FNM R/W Allies beat everything was just way to fast and no one was running Boros to compete with it.