• 1 Post By Caterpie

Thread: magic the gathering i HATE vampire decks

Caterpie is offline Uncommon

Default magic the gathering i HATE vampire decks

i really hate vampire decks is there no way to beat them

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: magic the gathering i HATE vampire decks

^^ first calm down there are a lot of ways to beat them ^^

my guess is that you dont play tournaments. in tournaments you have 5 diffrent formats. in onyl two of them do vampires stand any chance and even in those they are not top of the line ^^

in casual (fun games) its a little more difficult to answer your question. it realy depends on what money you have and what kind of deck you have fun with ...

can you give me some details? what kind of decks have you tried ? what decks do you like? etc.

i play green decks mostly sometimes i play blue/red decks but i can never beat vampire decks whatever deck i play

seba1983 Guest

are you playing one on one or multiplayer ?

1 on 1

seba1983 Guest

ohh my green has tons of cards to wipe the floor with vampires but i guess you have not seen them so far ... wich ones are good depend on the vampire deck you are facing ...

green has stuff vs. black things in general and green has great stuff vs. flying creatures. if your opponent plays vampire nocturnous these might also be worth looking at

what are good green cards against vampires should i use more big creatures or more little creatures?

seba1983 Guest

im bussy right now i will look up a selection later and post it for you ...

ok cool

seba1983 Guest

ok here are some cards that wreak havoc on black decks:

to counter every spell he plays:

Lifeforce

to beat him sensless:

Phantom Centaur

to return all the stuff you used so far from your graveyard:

Reap

for even more beating:

Chameleon Colossus

there are more but htese are probably the ones most useful to you ...

if he plays with the vampire nocturnous here are some excelent ways to kill all those flying vampires:

Hurricane

Crosswinds not realy that good but highly amuseing ^^

Galeforce not sure if 5 mana will be too slow ...

Hidden Spider will make him think twice about playing his nighthaws and bloodwitches ^^

Needle Storm this will clear the field

Raking Canopy ... solves flying vampires once and for all ^^

Silklash Spider if big green creatures are what you like this is a huricane on 8 crawly legs ^^

etc. there are some more though many only deal 3 dmage wich will not be enough to kill the noctournous wich is very very important.

on a more general note if you like playing big creatures you should think about what you do turn 1-3/4 because if the answer is nothing realy then you should add some ways to get mana faster like lanowar elves, rampand growth etc. so you actualy have a chance to play your big stuff befor you go down ...

good luck

Lakepirate is offline Planeswalker

Another recent card is Great Sable Stag, but it is a rare and may not be easy to get ahold of.
    Last edited by Lakepirate; 04-12-2010 at 03:13 PM.

ok tnx i'll try the suggestions

sweet i added some of those cards to my deck and I finally won today 3 out of 4 games against a vampire deck tnx seba

seba1983 Guest

no problem ... there is no unbeatable deck but when your fairly new to the game then its understandable that you have not seen /expirianced all the solutions there are

Alterloth is offline Uncommon

I have a pretty sweet Vampire deck...very recent cards (Worldwake and Zendikar) and chock full of rares (not like that matters in an MTG deck...we all know that...its just that the Vampire rares actually ARE really good with each other and work so well) and...well...it really has never been beaten...seriously...so yeah, everyone I play with HATES Vampire decks thanks to me great thread by the way...

You know what else people really HATE? A B/R multi-color deck...damn...I have one of those and it has yet to be beat...but that's besides the point...

As far as for getting rid of Vampires....super easy really...there are a lot of destroy all creature combos that you can keep doing...

Example: Shields of Velis Vel and Suleiman's Legacy...I don't think there is anything a Vampire deck can do against that...

Also...Paradise mantle, Freed From The Reel and Goblin Medics...infinite damage the vampire deck...

Thirdly...Spirit Mirror and Unnatural Selection...THIS IS THE BEST ONE...any Vampires they bring out, just get rid of them and very easily...I don't think there is anything a Vampire deck can do against that either...problem is, none of my opponents have any of this...but I do...

Lakepirate is offline Planeswalker

My white weenie/equipment deck beats Vampires all the time. Not saying that Vampires aren't good. I'm just saying that they are beatable.

Thanks to the following cards: (Some of these are not in my main deck but in the sideboard)

Tim Torres is offline Very Common

i have a deck that i made and i would like everyone input on how to make it better......here is the list of cards i have in my deck.........4 evolving Wilds....2 nicol Bolas, Plainswalker......4 Blood seeker.....2 go for the throat.....2 Phyrexian Crusader.....4 Diabolic tutor....2 Massacre Wurm.....4 sleep.....4 Merfolk Looter.....2 destructive force.....2 Doom blade.....4 mana leak....8 swamps.....5 mountains....8 islands......im thinking about putting 4 burn the Impure but i dont know, im still new to this awesome game.........ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.