+ Reply to Thread
    Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Default Been Looking for a Deck

Been looking for a Control Deck I seen played the two cards that I remember seeing in it are:

Deft Duelist
    Wall of Denial
    Glacial Fortress
    Sphinx of Jwar Isle

Any ideas on the deck name?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Been Looking for a Deck

this is what i found:

U/W Control :: Kilian Downey | DeckCheck.net - Providing 'outside assistance' since 2004

generaly i would go with calling it simply U/W control.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Thanks Seba how the hell I missed that is beyond me LOL

seba1983 Guest

most u/w control decks dont play the duelist so if you checked the first 5 (i think) u/w control deck you would not have spotted it. only found it due to my obsessive nature ^^

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Any reason to not run the duelist?

Twanos is offline Master Mason

It's only a 2/1 which means it has out lived it's usefulness by turn 3 in most match-ups.

seba1983 Guest

the dualist is very powerful. the only thing that you have to consider is if he's powerful in the meta you play in. as soon as the meta is dominated by toughness 3 or more critters he looses most of his usefulness. hes good against boros since he can kill (and live) anything but the landfall beaters. against jund the only thing he can block and survive is the bloodbraid elf. playing the elf however has already done most of its damge so thats not spectacular. against vampires he is good in the first few tunrs but dies to the gatekeeper and becomes useless onece the nocturnus hits play so again not fantastic.

in pauper for instance he is realy amazing. toughness 2 is realy common (*lol* common) here so he can shine, though not in all matchups. r/g beats has mostly toughness 3, thresh too. against combo hes just a power 2 for 2 creature. against other weeny decks he is awsome and against control he's the thorn in thier side they can not pluck. overall in pauper he rocks, in standard he can too if your meta is mostly boros but if it isnt hes not so good.