+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johnthomis
  • 1 Post By Jake1991

Thread: Need advice on red deck.

johnthomis is offline Very Common

Default Need advice on red deck.

I am fairly new to MTG and had some questions about the deck i am structuring. I am making an all spells red deck, so there are no monsters. i am looking for 3 types of cards, if they even exist.

red healing spell
    red destroy mutliple lands spell
    red spell that puts 1/1 tokens on the field

I am trying to structure it around dealing a lot of damage to life points before they can get enough monsters on the feild to kill me. If you know about these cards I would like to know, and if you have any other suggestions I would be happy to hear them.

Thanks

dolphin is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Need advice on red deck.

dunno about heal (you mean life gain?) dont think there are pure red cards that do life gain, only red cards that do life gain are multicolored

spells that destroy multiple lands there are plenty i think like
    Wake of Destruction
    Scorched Earth
    boiling seas
    Decree of Annihilation
    Orcish Settlers
    Obliterate

but some of them destroy your own lands too so u gotta be careful

for tokens u got:
    Elemental Mastery
    Empty the Warrens
    Goblin Marhsal
    goblin warrens
    Siege-Gang Commander
    Warbreak Trumpeter

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

There are no red spells that gain you life. If you do want red life gain, try Dragon's Claw

Destructive Force is a nice way of clearing some lands and the field of most creatures. Stone Rain blows up a land for a cheap cost.

Dragon Fodder is cheap and effective. Goblin Assault makes a Goblin every turn, but forces them to attack.

johnthomis is offline Very Common

Thanks for the help, i do have 2 questions though. what is left after decree of annihilation is played, it destroys everything? and when a card says X X (fire) i.e. war break trumpeter, why are there 2 X's.

Jake1991 is offline Scarce

Decree of Annihilation exiles everything except Enchantments and Planeswalkers.

"X" is a placeholder for a value that needs to be determined. In the case of Warbreak Trumpeter, "(X)" is whatever mana you choose to pay. Keep in mind that both (X)'s must be equal. Example: If you choose to pay 1 mana for (X), the cost is (1)(1)(R).