+ Reply to Thread
    Connor is offline Uncommon

Default Magic the Gathering Steppe Lynx deck

need Steppe Lynx deck (standard)

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Magic the Gathering Steppe Lynx deck

boros bushwacker ... ask kappu1 he can tell you everything you need to know. dont feel like repeating myself right now. or you can use the search function or browse the forum you will find decklists for boros. i think one thread that had them was called red white landfall deck or something like that.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

If you like landfall you will love this deck LOL. Turn 4 kills lots of fast little cards to punish an opponent with, but the draw back is you have a really crappy late game. As for the deck I will post it when I get to work in about an hour and half. I will also do some write up on the neat little tricks you can pull with it. Don't have time before work to write everything up!

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Okay since I have shoveled snow for the last four hours I think I warrant a break and I will do this write up for you.

The Deck:

Creatures:

4x Goblin Guide
    2x Goblin Bushwacker
    4x Elite Vanguard
    4x Plated Geopede
    4x Steppe Lynx
    3x Kor Skyfisher
    4x Ranger of Eos

Instants:

4x Lightning Bolt
    4x Path to Exile
    3x Burst Lightning

Land:

4x Arid Mesa
    4x Scalding Tarn
    4x Marsh Flats
    3x Teetering Peaks
    3x Mountain
    6x Plains

Sideboard:

4x Harm's Way
    4x Goblin Ruinblaster
    3x Celestial Purge
    4x Manabarbs
    1x Ajani Vengeant

If you sideboard Ajani remove one of your 4x sideboard cards (Note I played Ajani a bit didn't like him and removed him and run the other 15).

Okay so your looking at 200-250 in frugal shopping if you want the deck and own zero cards for MTG (this is how it was with me). Fetchlands, Ranger of Eos, Goblin Guide and Path are the pricey cards in the deck. Now before you start crying let me explain like it was explained to me Fetchlands will be used in every format and not lose value so 45-50 bucks a set isn't a bad deal can always sell them later if you quit playing or whatever.

It's a fun deck and has been well worth the money I think it's a good learning deck for a beginner I know because I am one and I playtest and see alot of stuff that I can do with the deck better and I rarely miss a beat with it now. It's aggro and a little control so it's not hard on the brain.

Okay playing this deck is all about the first seven cards if you don't have a Plains and Steppe Lynx on the draw I say mulligan and try again that is the meat of this deck a 1 mana 0/1 llittle piece of disaster for your opponent by turn two he should be at 16 lifetotal if you play this little guy right. After that your just playing this deck as a normal aggro deck using landfall to lay down the beating.

Creatures:

Goblin Guide - hasted creature that starts beating as soon as he is in play (letting them see their card I used to hate if it was a land but is really a benefit if you see something else you know what could be coming).

Kor Skyfisher - she is your landfall in a jam say your on the play with no lands in hand tap two lands and play her then remove a tapped land and replay it untapped and you just got a 2 mana creature out for one and a landfall trigger.

Goblin Bushwacker - good for when you get a Steppe Lynx and Plated Geopede out in the same turn with a landfall trigger and want to get the damage in (if you get to use the second one in this deck you pry already lost the match). I have never made it to my second Bushwacker after he is played just use him for a chump blocker.

Elite Vanguard - this is pry my favorite card a 2/1 for 1 what else can you say he can kill many a enemies even if he gives his own life.

Ranger of Eos - this is your late game or the I need creatures now guy, I've always used him after a DOJ or a board wiper to get me back in the game. Plus he is a creature with a decent set of stats. (When you use him it is best to get a Bushwacker and a Plated or Lynx this way you can play the Lynx or Plated and get to swing with both when they come into play). Always get a Bushwacker and sometimes if you don't play it immediately they forget you have it and you play two landfall creatures and then him a just destroy them.

Burst Lightning - I use this to kill enemy creatures it will never get kicked and I never attack the player with it unless it will kill them.

Lightning Bolt - a burn good for the higher toughness creatures or to get that little extra damage to your opponent.

Path of Exile - good agains Jund's Sprouting Tharnax you don't want blockers on the board. Also good if you are wanting to add some extra damage to your creatures if you don't have many blockers on the board or any you can always Path your own Elite Vanguard or Bushwacker after he has hit the board for that extra landfall trigger and your opponent hates it when he see's what your doing. If your going to Path your own guy always declare your attackers first that way they declare blockers and you know if it is the right time to do it.

Plated Geopede - This is another one of your second turn beaters you should be able to cast him by then if you got a good draw. Plays the same as the Lynx

Sideboard:

Goblin Ruinblaster - Good for people that need dual lands to play their other spells.

Harm's Way - nothing better than getting attacked by a 2/2 and getting to kill it and it's other 2/2 buddy great for clearing out your opponents little chump blockers.

Manabarbs - I like this card for Mill decks or people that have to tap a load of mana you can usually have this out turn 4 and still be in good shape to finish the match off. (This card has won me a few matches against Mill decks and I usually didn't get to beat them to much).

Celestial Purge - Jund and more Jund alot of decks play red and green so why not use it. I like it against another Boros deck or RDWins or a Monogreen deck I mean alot of creatures are those two colors.

Ajani - Keeps a big hitter from untapping, gains you life and deals opponent damage and can deestroy all lands. I havn't played this card much would definetly be good against a Mill deck but you don't want four of him cause really you don't want to see him until mid to late game IMO.