+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jules Clairt

Thread: Mono black infect-- All Hail Phyrexia

Default Mono black infect-- All Hail Phyrexia

Alright first of all, I am posting this from my cell phone while I am at work. I don't know how to key my deck right from the phone so bare with me

Lands:
    20 swamp

Creatures:
    4 phyrexian Crusader
    4 plague stinger
    4 fume spitter
    4 hand of the praetors
    3 skinrender
    2 phyrexian vatmother
    2 skithrix, the blight dragon

Sorcery/instant/artifact:
    4 black sun's zenith
    4 grasp of darkness
    4 virulent wound
    3 contaigon clasp
    2 contagion engine

Side deck:
    4 duress
    4 doom blade
    4 unholy strength
    3 disentomb

The deck works remarkably well against red decks, even if they do run koth. Blue/white control decks are a pretty good match up against the deck, even if they are running mind sculptor. Just use duress. Unholy strength works marvels for some odd reason. Black sun can be a gift or a curse. While most people side black sun I use it in main. Doom blade is more for eldrazi decks, and for big pain in the butts like blue decks that throw blightsteel into play.

I like the deck, it is fun, useful, and thus far unique for good or bad reasons. Totally open to suggestions, if anyone has them.
    Last edited by SovereignZechs; 04-01-2011 at 02:02 AM.

gabecvsfn is offline Common

Default Re: Mono black infect-- All Hail Phyrexia

i would say it looks great! y 20 mana? bcause i would run a little more

Church is offline Common

Don't run Black Sun Zenith unless you have some way to bring your creatures back. If the ones sitting in you're grave are stuck there, they are vulnerable to things like Post Mortem Lunge, Gruesome Encore, and Surgical Extraction

The answer: Morbid Plunder

ok, now that the newest sets have come out. I haven't upgraded this deck since Mirrodin Besieged... What could I do to help this deck.

I'd run less Zeniths, since it's a field-wiping card that also can affect you, and its cost can be a little high and difficult, since you're not running mana accelerators. Besides, when it's cast, it returns to your deck, hence making it possible to get it again. My suggestions would be to run only 1 or 2 BSZ's. Besides that, the deck looks great.

Vipersx911 is offline Very Common

If you are interested I run a legacy mono-black infect with Phyrexian Arena's. If you would like I could post the decklist for you, a bit different but might give you some tinker ideas.