+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pentavitus

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Pentavitus

This has long been one of my personal favourite decks. It relies on the infinite mana combo of Pentavus + Dross Scorpion + Gilded Lotus:
    1. Tap Lotus for 3 mana.
    2. Spend 1 and remove a counter from Pentavus to make a token.
    3. Spend 1 and sac the token to put a counter back on Pentavus.
    4. Scorpion triggers, letting you untap the Lotus.
    5. You're back where you started, but with 1 mana of any colour in your mana pool.

I like the combo because it doesn't reuire a specific colour, but can make any colour, so it's incredibly flexible.

Creatures
    3 Pentavus
    4 Dross Scorpion
    3 Steel Wall
    4 Vedalken Engineer
    2 Memnarch

Spells
    3 Gilded Lotus
    3 Crystal Shard
    3 Skeleton Shard
    3 Fabricate
    3 Thirst for Knowledge
    4 Counterspell

Lands
    4 Seat of the Synod
    4 Vault of Whispers
    12 Island
    4 Swamp

To make use of the infinite mana, I have Memnarch to steal all my opponent's stuff, and Crystal Shard to make infinite 1/1 fliers. Other than that, Counterspell and Steel Wall help for early defence (Crystal Shard helps here too), Vedalken Engineer speeds things up a bit, Fabricate and Thirst for Knowledge help find the combo pieces, and Skeleton Shard recurs lost Penavuses (Pentavi?) and Scorpions.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Rocket is offline The Hallowed

Default Re: Pentavitus

very cool

seba1983 Guest

you could play academy ruins over skeleton shard. that way you can cut the black compleatly. you can the run something like vedalken shakles for creature defence.

Academy Ruins is a good idea, though I'd prefer to run it in conjunction with the Shard for a little extra redundancy, and flexibility (Shard gets creatures right back to my hand, Ruins takes care of the rest).

As for the Shackles, I don't have any and I'm not spending that much on a single.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

yeah i see your point on the shackels. they are awsom but for casual they are no impotant so you can live without.

since your makeing infinite mana have you thought of thopter foundry + sword of the meek ? works well without the infinite too and just wins with infinite mana. also they are both UC so dont cost that much and i think its fun, so may be you like it.

I already have a different deck featuring that combo (that I had looooong before it became popular tournament-wise, nyeh). I don't particularly like to feature the same trick in two different decks, it gets old.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

yeah that makes sense. if you had more 0-1 drop artifacts i'd say trinket mage. especialy with the crystal shard ...

other than that im too tired at the moment to think ^^. most thoughts crossing my mind are not suitable for casual imhp. stuff like tinker...

Yeah, most of my playgroup isn't that cheesy.
    Fluttershy is best pony.