+ Reply to Thread
    Zidarose is offline Editor in Chief

Default Suggestions for a U/W/R metalcraft deck

A while ago, I built a deck from a fat pack I bought based around metalcraft. It's seen some revision, mostly removing standard lands, adding in Locus, for some life gain and better mana, and the artifact lands of Mirrodin. At present, it plays a fairly aggressive game. I will post the deck shortly (as I left it at home and I am elsewhere).

Here's what I remember

White Sun's Passage x1
    Infiltration Lens x1
    Banshee's Blade x1
    Silver Myr x4
    Myr Galvanizer
    Galvanic Blast x2?
    Assert Authority x2
    Auriok Sunchaser x2?
    Blade-Tribe Beserkers x1

Great Furnace x4
    Ancient Den x4
    Seat of Synod x4
    Cloudpost x1
    Glimmerpost x2

Not too sure on these lands:
    Plains x1
    Mountains x1

I will post the full deck soon in its present state. The idea behind the deck is to work with my generally aggressive style of play. It is meant to get a fast working deck, with very little over a particular mana cost.

I want to start optimizing this thing. The Myr's help a bit with mana production and give me something cheap and easy to get out. Galvanic Blast gives me a cheap and usually fast way to inflict direct damage. Assert Authority works well with its Artifact Affinity, lowering the cost down to 2 Blue and giving me a limited method of countering something I don't like.
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

Default Re: Suggestions for a U/W/R metalcraft deck

Keep in mind this deck is considered a work in progress to me. It has some good potential even in multiplayer format though.

White:
    Soul Parry x1
    Sanctum Gargoyle x1
    Salvage Scout x2
    Whitesun's Passage x2
    Glint Hawk x1
    Arrest x2
    Auriok Sunchaser x2
    Dispense Justice x1

Blue
    Stoic Rebuttal x1
    Screeching Silclaw x1
    Twisted Image x1
    Vault Skyward x2
    Assert Authority x1
    Lumengrid Drake x4

Red
    Molten Psyche x4
    Vulshok Heartstoker x1
    Galvanic Blast x3
    Blade-Tribe Beserkers x1
    Arc Trail x1

Artifacts
    Silver Myr x2
    Iron Myr x2
    Perilous Myr x2
    Myr Retriever x1
    Spidersilk Net x2
    Banshee's Blade x2
    Bladed Pinions x1

Land
    Great Furnace x4
    Seat Of The Synod x4
    Ancient Den x4
    Glimmerpost x2
    Cloudpost x2
    Plains x2
    Island x2
    Mountain x1

The White elements let me pull things back from the graveyard, in a fashion, and provide some needed defense. Red bears the brunt of Damage dealing with support from White and Blue. Blue gives me the ability to counter things (always helpful) cheaply and let's me remove some threats and walls. The artifacts give Mana support and help boost the artifact count when I need it. Still, that's how its been functioning.
    Last edited by Zidarose; 01-13-2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I'm not sure what kind of feedback I can give... The only reason I don't like it is because it 3 colors... I don't like 3 colors much. Do you have a win condition? A strategy? The description below pretty much describes those colors...
    Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    "I summon Soulless One!" "Remove Soul!" "Ha! You think that will...hang on...it worked? How did you even do that?" "Muahaha! Now, Headless Horseman, attack! But first, put on this Helm of Kaldra." "No! Neck Snap!"

Seeing it spread out like that, you are kinda all over the place.

Cloudpost/Glimmerpost don't really sit well in pairs and you don't have mana dumps if they were full sets. I would cut them for color producing land.

Metalcraft decks I've seen have put their focus into two colors. Personally, I would go w/r weenie, as the blue is contributing least to the deck, and rebuild from that perspective. Quad stuff like Sunchaser, Dispense Justice, Galvanic Blast, and maybe Sanctum Gargoyle, Glint Hawk and Arrest. Pick up Auriok Edgewright and maybe Sunbeam and Pyrite Spellbombs. Not terribly sure beyond that.

I can definitely understand cutting the Blue out. It helps a bit, but not a whole lot. I like the idea of a W/R Weenie deck, especially with the Metalcraft element to help things out.

This deck will keep its current form as I work out what to put into it.

The deck has been revised and tested. It works a lot more reliably and has shown a lot of improvement. While tied up writing a lot of different articles, I will try to post the updated deck within 24 hours.

You can find the revised deck here:
    R/W Metalcraft Deck
    Last edited by Zidarose; 01-25-2011 at 10:50 AM.