+ Reply to Thread
    Volume is offline Uncommon

Default green mtg card that are good not creatures

what are some green magic cards that are good (but not creatures I already know many good creatures)

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: green mtg card that are good not creatures

oath of druids
    survival of the fittest
    regrowth
    natural order
    tooth and nail
    worldly tutor

i think thats about it. there are several other good green non-creature cards like defenso of heart but non of them are that great.

funniely enough even the non-creature stuff that is good in green tends to have something to do with creatures. thats just what green does ...

also when you look at the eternal formats there are only two realy excelent green creatures. goyf and mongoose. all otheres are more or less in the category cornercase or downright awful ...

EDIT: forgot some very important cards exploration, life from the loam, glimps of nature, aluren, krosan grip, choak, seal of primordium, food chain, land grant, garruk and perhaps summoners pact. sry for missing so many, slopy on my part and even now i feel like i missed several important ones ...

EDIT: i kew it. living wish. since i guess there will me more i will add them here ... channel, earthcraft, fastbond, manabond,
    Last edited by seba1983; 11-22-2009 at 03:28 PM.

john-of-the-sphinx is offline Very Common

biorythm
    shape of the witigo
    hurricane

those go in every green deck i make.

seba1983 Guest

i have a big personal dislike for biorythem because imho that card is awful in any format other than EDH (where they banned it) and perhaps casual if your playgroup plays very slow games with little to no control.

EDIT: ok i guess you can build arround it in casual. you can throw in Boseiju, Who Shelters All, wrath effects and lots of ramp to come up with the 12 mana you want. saw a very similar deck once but that used rude awakening instead of biorhysm. could be better with rhysm in multiplayer though since you can take out all other players at once.

shape of the wiitigo has the same problems that all auras face. they are next to unplayable. its sad actualy because auras are fun. the fact that they almost certainly result in card disadvantage however is a drawback that can loose you games on a level where you dont even see it. on top of that the shape is not realy exciting. it makes stuff bigger. green has lost of ways to do that and several that are better => Rancor, Berserk ... even Ancestral Mask.

now hurricane is a very interesting card. it allowes green to do something it otherwise can not do (not counting the bee sting but hey lets be sensible), win via non-creature damage. sure you need more life than your opponent but that was one of the three things green is quite good at (not couting sources of solutions here). the other thing you need is lots of mana but hey that no. 2 of the things green is good at. the powerlevel of hurricane does relegate it to the casual sector but it can be both entertaining and powerful there. also hurricane is the most expensive card that was ever put into a booster if its the right one. hurricanes pricetag can turn black lotus green (no pun intended) with envie. now that has to stand for something right ?
    Last edited by seba1983; 11-22-2009 at 02:18 PM.