+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default grand abitor EDH

just wanted to share my garnd abitor EDH deck with all of you and would like to hear if you would consider playing such a deck un-fun.

general

grand arbitor augustin

lock pieces

statick orb
    opposition

winterorb
    icy manipulator

armageddon
    magus of the tabernacle

smokestacks

tangle wire
    academy ruins

yosei
    emeria the skyruins
    miren moarning well

kismet
    stasis
    chronatog

crucible of worlds
    stripmine

general nastyness

rishadan port
    wasteland
    trinispheer
    spheer of resistance
    glowrider
    thorn of ametyhist
    phalaxian wave / tide
    engeniered explosived
    nevrials disk
    ghostly prison
    propaganda
    world queller

etc.

tutoren

tezerat
    enlightend tutor
    mystical tutor

etc.

control

force of will
    counterspell
    path to exile
    sword to plowshare
    wrath of god

etc.

card draw

fact or fiction
    thirst for knowladge
    thought cast
    brainstorm

etc.

the deck is not fully worked out yet but will be something like U/W-stax with several ways to lock the game and even more numerous options to disrupt, slow and hinder.

how would you feel playing against such a deck ? is trying to win by causing your opponent not to be able to do much or even anything something that is acceptable in casual ? i've seen people play land destruction EDH. now that kind of tries the same but this will be a lot better at this.

what are your thoughts ?

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: grand abitor EDH

not a single oppinion ? that is rather disapointing. i had expected a little more helpfulness. anyone can give me an oppinion if he feels decks that try to prevent otheres from doing stuff un-fun or challenging ...

Twanos is offline Master Mason

I'm not a big EDH person but I would think you definitely include Power Sink in any deck that was trying to mess with their land and mana base since it basically says I'm countering this spell and you're done for the turn so sit down and shut up.

Also I would include isochron scepter. No matter if it's a tutor, counter or other it's the gift that keeps on giving.

seba1983 Guest

i agree with those card choices. what i was realy intereseted in however is if casual players would consider playing a deck like this un-fun and im still pretty disapointed that non of the others have replied. once again i feel like you are the only person who ever replies with a decent post when i actualy have a problem i need help with once in a while.

and no one can tell me that they dont know the deck or something. its a mix of several lock decks so to play against it is like playing aganst any kind of lokc deck. if you dont stop it you wont be able to do anything any more.

Twanos is offline Master Mason

as for un-fun, I know all of my friends have banned me from playing any kind of lock, prison and/or heavy counter deck.

For fun I normally try to stuck to really stupid but fun combos or synergies that border on insane.

seba1983 Guest

^^ most prison or lock decks are actualy realy week in multiplayer games. either they can only lock one player at a time or require several pices that usualy any disenchant effect can get rid off. if no one is willing to prepare a casual deck for threats other people might put on the table that go further than creatures, ok than lock decks can rule tables. in recent times there have however been some very nice new addition to enchantment and artifact removal that should appeal to casual players. quasari pridemage in particular is a card almost any lock deck realy hates. he is so powerful against artifact or enchantment based strategies. he even sees play in vintage a format dominatet by gamewinning artifacts. at only 2 mana with a body and exalted he would be my choice if people played lock decks often rather than telling them to stop playing such decks.

then again i guess a lot of casual players do not like the challange of overcomming a deck they find difficult to beat at first ... *sigh*

Zidarose is offline Editor in Chief

Some of my deck ideas, I will admit, come from facing decks that will beat me down. One of my friends is a vicious player who usually beats me before turn 7-10! I cannot counter any of his too well, but I enjoy the challenge.

To me, aye, that looks like a nasty deck. Would I play it, yes. If I knew about it, I'd opt for my white weenie deck for its abilities against enchantments and artifacts, in an attempt to counter it.

I'd be curious to see this against an Izzit Deck for sure. Especially one of those running Eye of the Storm, mind moil, etc.
    Finally, a new generation of Pokemon for us to enjoy. There is much to look forward to in 2011!