+ Reply to Thread
    Josh is offline Very Rare

Default June 18 2010 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement

June 18 2010 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement : Daily MTG : Magic: The Gathering

Announcement Date: June 18, 2010
    Effective Date: July 1, 2010
    Magic Online Effective Date: July 14, 2010 (after the scheduled downtime)

Magic: The Gathering Tournament Rules Change: Extended
    On July 1, 2010, the following sets will leave the Extended format: Ninth Edition, Mirrodin, Darksteel, Fifth Dawn, Champions of Kamigawa, Betrayers of Kamigawa, Saviors of Kamigawa, Ravnica: City of Guilds, Guildpact, Dissension, and Coldsnap. From that point forward, the Extended format will include approximately four years of Magic sets instead of seven.

At that time, the following sets will be legal in the Extended format: Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, Tenth Edition, Lorwyn, Morningtide, Shadowmoor, Eventide, Shards of Alara, Conflux, Alara Reborn, Magic 2010, Zendikar, Worldwake, and Rise of the Eldrazi.

With the upcoming release of Scars of Mirrodin, the following sets will leave the Extended format: Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight, and Tenth Edition. One year's worth of releases will leave Extended with every subsequent fall Magic set.

Extended
    Sword of the Meek is banned.
    Hypergenesis is banned.

Note: The four cards previously on the banned list (Æther Vial, Disciple of the Vault, Sensei's Divining Top, and Skullclamp) are in sets that are no longer in the Extended format.

Legacy
    Mystical Tutor is banned.
    Grim Monolith is no longer banned.
    Illusionary Mask is no longer banned.

Zendikar Block Constructed, Standard, Vintage
    No changes

Changes to Magic Online–only formats are now announced monthly in the Magic Online Community Group blog.

For an explanation of this announcement, read The Week That Was column today and the Latest Developments column next Friday, June 26. For the complete list of all banned and restricted cards by format, click here.

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: June 18 2010 DCI Banned & Restricted List Announcement

wow and lol

1. they are total wasteing extended now to the point where it just became the most not worth while format ever. i'd rather dish out 5000 $ to play vintage (no i wont ^^) than play extended ... here goes: "uber-lame"

2. ok you unbann entomb and then ban mystical tutor because of that? wow ... so now we have a pretty expensive rare in the legacy card pool in exchange for a very nice flexable affordable uncommen ... well done slave of hasbro ...

3. grim monolith ? your kidding right ? did you not just print a 1 mana enchantment that says infinate mana turn 2 with monlith ? seriously try thinking just for once ...

4. illusionary mask ? wtf ... why not go und unban oath of druids, mishras workshop and bazzar ?

5. after all of that land tax remains baned ? yeah right ...

6. and still no sign of any attempt to solve the format restricting goyf ...

seriously those are very very poor choices ... this game has been heading in a direktion that it is no longer fun for me for some time now. this is just another signal to me that wizards want the game to be something i no longer enjoy. sure thats thier choice but it also tells me that its the right choice to sell my cards now and focus on playing vampire: the eternal struggle (a game where 90% of the aspects are stricktly better)

not sure if i will be arround here much longer than though ...