+ Reply to Thread
    Magnet is offline Very Common

Default are slivers tournament competitive

are slivers tournament competitive

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: are slivers tournament competitive

only in legacy and only as counter slivers.

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Yes but unfortunately they are far from tier 1.

Slivers' greatest strength is also a huge weakness - all the tournament quality slivers have a converted casting cost of 2 which makes them come out fast and synergize well with Aether Vial, but it also makes them highly susceptible to certain forms of removal.

seba1983 Guest

true. that is why crystalin sliver is the best sliver ever . i would not agree on far from tier 1 though. meathooks is good tier 2 imo but of course that is subject of discussion ^^

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Whenever someone sits down and wants to play me with Slivers I say "Oh your that guy" and they know what I mean when I say it.

Slivers to me is a lame way to play this game personally I hate the creature type.

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by seba1983 View Post
    true. that is why crystalin sliver is the best sliver ever . i would not agree on far from tier 1 though. meathooks is good tier 2 imo but of course that is subject of discussion ^^
    Yeah, it is better than I made it sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kappu1 View Post
    Whenever someone sits down and wants to play me with Slivers I say "Oh your that guy" and they know what I mean when I say it.

Slivers to me is a lame way to play this game personally I hate the creature type.
    And this relates to the topic how?

ahadiel is offline Common

There is nothing wrong with playing a sliver deck. Sliver decks can be very powerful but in the same sense very weak. Like Sebas always says no deck is unbeatable. Slivers are imo just a type of deck for people who can't be bothered to take the time to build their own style of deck and play with what is pretty much a pre formated deck for play. I have a friend who only plays sliver because he says "why should I waste my time trying to build a deck when all I have to do is pick sliver and I have everything I need" and what he meant by that is vigilance, protections, +/+ abilities etc. "They have it all", but I know what you mean when you say "oh your that guy" but I always laugh because they just end up being beat time and time again.

seba1983 Guest

i would personaly never play slivers in casual. not because they are boring (they dont have to be if your creative ... check out wild pair + dormand sliver + something to sac them too once your deck is on the table) nor because they are powerful.

the reason is people hate them. since i play multiplayer games mostly you get hit by everything and everyone ... every time. not that much fun ^^

Lakepirate is offline Planeswalker

If you love slivers, and want to play type two, then play allies... They are like a very crapy set of slivers.

(I'm not saying that Allies are crappy. I'm just saying that they don't have the synergy that slivers have.)

Oh and a fun/ annoying/ hated sliver combo is Amoeboid Changeling + Sliver Overlord.