+ Reply to Thread
    seba1983 Guest

Default casual deck for my 1000th post

For my 1000th post I decided to present you with a nice casual deck that is fun to play and very cheap. it contains no rares and only card from the kamigawa block. the heart of this deck is the reason I choose this deck for my 1000th post Death of a Thousand Stings. you can return this card every turn and splice lots of fun stuff onto it. to find it we have a tutor. in the early turn we will be mostly building up mana using the sac-elder and the kodama’s reach. if we get attackt too aggressively we can use the ethereal haze, soulless revival, hana kami combo to stay alive until we have the absurd amount of mana we need. you can usually start stinging when you reach 9-10 mana. when you search the first lands make sure you pick the right ones. you need plains for the haze and islands for the turor if you currently missing a pice to keep you alive.

4 x Eerie Procession
    1 x Spiritual Visit
    4 x Death of a Thousand Stings
    4 x Kodamas Reach
    4 x Soulless Revival
    4 x Hana Kami
    4 x Sakura Tribe Elder
    4 x Ethereal Haze
    4 x Hideous Laughter
    1 x Wear Away

10 x Forest
    4 x Plains
    10 x Swamp
    2 x Island

so what do you think of this deck ?its cheap to build and works in very interesting ways. you can either kill by very slow drains or make an army of spirit tokens. you hav a tutorable solution for enchantments and artefacts that you can use over and over. you can fog every tun to say alive and kill lots of weenys with ease.

there are several variations of this deck possible. for instance you could play with red for Glacial Ray. any splice onto arcane spells can be interesting here and also the spirits that have triggered abilitys that trigger when you play a spirit or arcane spell such as Thive of Hope. you can thus tailor it any way you like.

Alterloth is offline Uncommon

Default Re: casual deck for my 1000th post

I like the deck...it looks fun to play...the whole bringing creatures back from the graveyard all the time and preventing damage too will make it last for awhile...

Its funny you mention Glacial Ray...just the other night I was playing MTG with some friends and one of them kept splicing a Glacial Ray onto his Glacial Ray...

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

I definetly like the deck. I've been looking for a good casual deck to play. I was also looking for a reason to like kamigawa. No offense to the set but all of the cards are very central to it. Once again thank you for this casual deck. I might use other stuff in it though.

seba1983 Guest

thanks for the compliment. what you end up useing in the decks you play is of course totaly up to you as long as you enjoy playing it you've done a proper job

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Well what it looks like to me is that the deck just sorta plays it self.