+ Reply to Thread
    chronodev is offline Founder

Default Mega Man 9 Review

We've published a review of the game Mega Man 9 (MM9). Mega Man 9 was a huge success, becoming the 3rd most downloaded game in it's first day!

---------------------------------------------------------

It’s been a short while since anyone really saw something of the Blue Bomber and then, we get treated to this. I know I had high expectations from even the first mention I heard about this game. That they were going back to the style of Mega Man 2, that I honestly had a hard time believing, even though I heard all this from what I could consider a reliable source. It’s strange to think that for the Wii, MM9 (Mega Man 9) became the 3rd most downloaded game in its first day. I do have to say, it did not disappoint.

This game is definitely aimed at an older audience, if only because a lot of people who would be interested in it would be a more classically inclined audience. The graphics, well, are 8-bit. There are more options graphically than previously available as you can enable Legacy Mode (sprite flickers). The control scheme, at least on the Nintendo Wii, was quick to pick-up and easy to work with; just uses the remote horizontal. It’s simple and easy to pick-up and start playing. It certainly could draw a younger audience if they do get curious (as multiple Virtual consoles undoubtedly release earlier Mega Man games), but it is very hard to see that as a solid audience.

The biggest change easily to the game would be in the inclusion of accomplishments. While common with a lot of titles, it had never been present in the Mega Man Series truly until now (it was present later in the Mega Man X series, but that is a different line of games). Most are fair easy to attain, others definitely will serve as a mark for those who are perfectionist or just hard-core about Mega Man. Some of the accomplishments are silly and easy (Ecofighter – Clear a level using only the megabuster)...

Continued at:
    Review: Mega Man 9
    Last edited by chronodev; 12-03-2008 at 05:40 PM.