+ Reply to Thread
    taran22 is offline Uncommon

Default Are you for or against allowing buying gold on MMORPGs?

Many MMORPGs (such as World of Warcraft) do not allow buying or selling gold on their servers.

I thought it would be interesting to start a discussion and see what everyone thinks about it.

I play WOW, though I do not buy gold. I think buying and selling gold since then it creates an unfair advantage for some players who can buy the most expensive equiptment.

On the other side, I know that one of the main arguements in favor of buying gold is that many people don't have the time to farm for gold and still want to enjoy some of the more powerful items they want. And it's only a game after all, so they should be able to enjoy doing what they want there.

What do you think about this issue?

speedy is offline Common

The problem is that it's not as simple as just saying that everyone should be able to enjoy the game how they want to play it, like some say. For starters, like you yourself said, it can be unfair to other players.

But not just that- there are many negative effects to buying and selling gold. For example, in World of Warcraft, many players get their accounts hacked by illegitimate gold farmers who steal gold from people's account to sell them for real money. I know people who got their wow account hacked by gold sellers who then sold all their items and left them without anything, which can be pretty frustrating. If Blizzard take actions to reduce gold selling, then there will be less hacking and a more enjoyable experience for everybody.