+ Reply to Thread
    Purple Iris is offline Common

Planet Hello from Purple Iris :c)

Howdy!!

I'm "new" to the forums here. I put that in quotes because apparently I joined last December and lost my way back here. LOL I don't even remember if I posted an intro, so figured it best I post one anyway. (Aahhh, just found out that I did post an intro, but that was a year ago)

Anyway, my name is Nicole and I own The Purple Iris, which you'll find at Bonanza by clicking the signature link. I sell a variety of new and used items, including retired ornaments, a couple of Josef Originals, and anything else I find that's worthy of selling or reselling. Currently, I offer home decor, collectibles, clothing and accessories, travel gear, computer stuff, books, movies and music.

I also own another business, VirtualPro Solutions, which has been around for 10 years, but is currently in limbo while I create a totally revamped website from scratch for it. I've changed the business model to be geared towards helping internet entrepreneurs succeed. It's slow in coming as it's my first time creating one from scratch. Plus, I've let myself get caught up in The Purple Iris for the past year. LOL So I've always got something to keep me busy, which is great for this workaholic.

On a more personal note, I live in the Houston area, but plan to move to the Austin area within the next year or so. I have "geeky" interests (writing, cosmology, history, nature, and such) and love to go camping whenever I get the chance. I intend to follow in my late great-grandmother's footsteps and get into quilt making when I have more time and offer those in my store. I also do cross-stitch, but just for family, friends, and myself.

While the economy and my disabilities (back injury from car accident and Meniere's, which causes vertigo) have played a role in my self-employment, it has been a goal of mine since before I graduated high school, which was decades ago. LOL Not only do I like being my own boss, but I love helping people. So both of my businesses are run with that in mind.

Well, enough about me. I'd love to hear from all of you about yourselves. I look forward to making new friends here. I just have to be sure I can find my way back here this time. LOL

Best regards,

Nicole
    Last edited by Purple Iris; 12-11-2010 at 02:39 AM.

Default Re: Hello from Purple Iris :c)

Wow...26 views and nobody wants to introduce themselves? LOL Come on, now, don't be shy.

P.S. -- Why can't I edit my OP? I was wanting to make it a bit shorter, but the edit button is gone.
    Last edited by Purple Iris; 12-11-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Sunshine is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Hello from Purple Iris :c)

hi there and welcome

I'm Allison, used to live in Califronia but now I live in Salt Lake City Utah, I enjoy arts and crafts and all sort of nice collectibles, which is why I enjoy hanging out in these forums and meeting all the nice people

Brain Re: Hello from Purple Iris :c)

Howdy Sunshine!! It's nice to meet you. I, too, look forward to meeting like-minded peeps here. While I'm a novice when it comes to antiques and such, I do have experience with sewing crafts.

I haven't done any sewing in ages, but plan to get into quilt-making to continue in my late great-grandmother's footsteps. Since she passed, our family no longer has a source for handmade quilts. LOL The cross-stitch projects I do have only been for family, friends, and myself, but I think I could integrate that skill into some of the quilts I will make.

There are other sewing projects I'm also considering: lap blankets, table runners, wall hangings, pillowcases, place mats, curtains, etc. When I get a few quilts made for the family, I'll start making quilts and other items to sell in my store.

I'm pretty excited about the prospect. I just need things to settle down a bit before I can get into it. Right now, I'm focusing on getting my two businesses together. First is to get my eStore "finished" and then get the website for my other business done.

Of course, both will always need maintenance and updating. It's just the initial setup phase needs to be completed. I'm pretty close to getting the eStore completely set up. I've just got some items to list still and update some older listings to be uniform with the latest template format.

The website for the other business has already been started and only the shell for it is displaying at the moment. I just need to finalize the template and then get all the content added. Fortunately, a bulk of the content already exists, so it just needs to be plugged in, updated, and added to.

I've also got an eBook that's near completion for that business. I think I have one more chapter to write and the editing to do before I'll have it published. Then, of course, there's the advertising campaign I have planned for both businesses. After that, I can get into making quilts and such.

So, yep, I've got plenty to keep me busy. Now if I could just clone myself, things might move along a lot faster. LOL

P.S. -- Yes, being a writer, I can get pretty wordy. LOL Plus, getting things out of my head and into print helps to keep my analytical brain organized. So, please bear with me.