+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sizzling Plans

Lawliet is offline Very Common

Default Sizzling Plans

Sizzling Plans

Sorcery (B)

Choose a basic land type. Target player reveals his or her hand and discards all lands of the chosen type.

seba1983 Guest

Default Re: Sizzling Plans

at that cost ? no way ... that card alone would read mono-colored deck are unplayable.

were talking 2BB here at least (as in Persecute), more likely 3BB ...

Lawliet is offline Very Common

Yeah Thats exactly what i thought right AFTER i posted it

seba1983 Guest

^^ just to point it out to the others reading this a quick example of how devastaing this would be at a cost of B:

turn 1 of game 2 you start playing:

swamp tap for B play sizzling plans. you oppenent plays a monocolored deck, let say white weeny in standart at the moment.

you name plains and discard 2-3 plains frm his hand.

not only have you achived card advantage like an ancestral recal would, if your opponent does not draw a land you add a free time walk for every turn they dont draw a land ...

in this situation this card is a lot better than two of the most overpowered cards ever made together for 1/3 of the cost ... simply insane. if you cant win vs. white weeny after they played thier first card on turn 2-3 and were set back by 1-2 land drops etc. then you should reconsider playing this game ^^

at 4 mana this would be still a good card. it would see play in legacy perhaps as a tool vs. various loam builds backed by the speed of dark ritual ... but i dont think they would print a card like this at all at the moment.

wizards marked research has show that the players that buy the most boosters are players that realy hate everything that prevents them from participating in the game. they feel its unfair to have thier big creatures countered whilst its deemed ok if its killed by a removal right after it enters the battlefield ... such a card simply does not fit wizards current sales politics ...

a politic a personaly realy dislike. it continues to drain tactical aspekts and variity from the game turning it more and more into a simpler game with a lot less depth in favour of opening it up to a wider less intelectualy adept customer spread.

to say it in direkt and harsh words: this card would never be made because wizards wants to turn magic into a game for stupid people because theres more of them so they can make more money ...

sure a companys primary goal will be makeing money but it sadens me when that is done at the cost of the soul of something mathematicly beautiful as such a well designed game

Arix is offline Merrymaker

As much as I agree with you on the fact that they're dumbing things down a bit much (counterspells and removal have roughly the same effect, so you power down the one that's harder to use?), I disagree with the notion that they wouldn't print this card because of that reason. You yourself just stated that the card is quite simply overpowered - refusal to print such a ludicrously overpowered card is just a good design decision, not frustrating marketing.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

at the cost of B i totaly agree with you. what i meant is that they would not print this card at a cost of 2BB or probably even 3BB ...