+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lake of all

level is offline Uncommon

Default Lake of all

Lake of all 2uu
    enchantment
    when lake of all comes into play, shuffle all players libraries into a single library.
    All players draw from joint library.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Lake of all

It might work for an Un set, but never in real Magic. Personally I don't think it's a good idea in either one (seriously, imagine trying to sort out everyone's cards at the end - even if they're in different coloured sleeves it'd be a pain).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Warrior is offline Uncommon

yeah i wouldnt want to shuffle all my cards into some random players library maybe i have valuable cards that i dont wanna lose

guyarney is offline Uncommon

It's definately an Uncard. But the issue of shuffling decks being too troublesome is a nonissue as 99% of people would only play this with friends they trust and/or cards they aren't worried about.

On another note, this idea is very old in card design. In fact, the creator of Magic had a version of it printed for the celebration of his marriage proposal:

...game creator Richard Garfield created three cards for three personal occasions. The first one, Proposal, was slipped into a game between Garfield and his girlfriend, and had the ability to propose marriage. Fortunately, the one time that it ever entered a game, it worked. Because of the personal nature of the card, the image has never been published, and only three people in the world were given a copy – Garfield, the printer at Carta Mundi, and Quinton Hoover. Unfortunately, Hoover’s card was stolen at a convention and has never been recovered.

I can't find the rules text atm, but it pretty much does what your card here does.

NyghtShade is offline Common

OH wow A. Very Uh sounds like something my friends would play with too lol

B. Proposal How sweet