+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dread Gorgon

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Dread Gorgon

Dread Gorgon 4B
    Creature - Gorgon
    Whenvever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.
    Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, search the defending player's library for a card and exile it. that player loses life equal to that card's converted mana cost and shuffles his or her library.
    0/4
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Footprint is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Dread Gorgon

isnt that too powerful

Arix is offline Merrymaker

if you're going to say things like that, can you go into a little bit more depth? Like, why you think it's too powerful? What could be done to fix it?
    Fluttershy is best pony.

seba1983 Guest

seriously a 5 mana creature, especialy with next to no removal resistance other than toughness 4 and being black can have almost any effect without being too powerful ...

the effect is fine. it does hurt timmy players a lot though ^^ nothing that would bother me ^^. against most competative decks its 5 mana that deals 5 damage at most ... sometimes even less. now even a 5/4 for 5 mana is not overpowered ... not even good. compair it to wolly thoctar ... same thing just 2 mana cheaper. with 5 power on the thoctars side deathtouch is not that relavant when compairing. the exiling part is mostly relevant vs. combo. proper combo deck will not let you live long enough to even play this card. it would be nice for vintage because stuff like inkwell levitahn and darksteel colossus are actualy comone there thanks to tinker and there are next to no blockers. but a 5 mana its too slow for vintage. if it were an artifact it would be a diffrent story.

for limited it is realy playable since takeing out thier spoilers is quite good. hurting them big for doing so even better. also deathtouch is real nice in limited too.

the only players who would feel that this card is too good would be timmys.

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    Dread Gorgon 4B
    Creature - Gorgon
    Whenvever ~ becomes blocked by a creature, destroy that creature at end of combat.
    Whenever ~ attacks and isn't blocked, search the defending player's library for a card and exile it. that player loses life equal to that card's converted mana cost and shuffles his or her library.
    0/4
    Simple, solid, and sadistic.

Gotta love it.

Alterloth is offline Uncommon

It has my seal of approval lol...put some pump up cards in your deck and it would work pretty well...use it in a R/B deck with some Firebreathing too...

Lakepirate is offline Planeswalker

I know I'm bumping an old post... but I kinda like this card. Although I think it would be more interesting if it was:
    -----

Dread Gorgon BBB
    Creature - Gorgon (Rare)
    Deathtouch
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, search that player's library for a card and exile it. Then that player shuffles his or her library. That player loses life equal to the exiled card's converted mana cost.
    0/4

-----

The BBB makes it a very solid black card.

Making the creatures abilities only trigger with damage makes it a little bit more of a challenge to get it off.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lakepirate View Post
    I know I'm bumping an old post... but I kinda like this card. Although I think it would be more interesting if it was:
    -----

Dread Gorgon BBB
    Creature - Gorgon (Rare)
    Deathtouch
    Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, search that player's library for a card and exile it. Then that player shuffles his or her library. That player loses life equal to the exiled card's converted mana cost.
    0/4

-----

The BBB makes it a very solid black card.

Making the creatures abilities only trigger with damage makes it a little bit more of a challenge to get it off.
    I would think if it costed BBB then the final ability would say something like:
    "Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, search that player's library for a card with converted mana cost less than ~ toughness and exile it. That player loses life equal to the exiled cards converted mana cost.

Searching a card with any mana cost would kill someone these days because of the eldrazi.