+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Winds

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default New Winds

An homage to the Prophecy Winds cycle (Blessed Wind, Denying Wind, Plague Wind, Searing Wind, Vitalizing Wind):

(see below for other two)
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Default Re: New Winds

Fluttershy is best pony.

Warrior is offline Uncommon

I like the choice in Accursed Wind,

"Weakest" card in this set I'd say is the Flourishing Wind. I feel all other cards, when you cast them it basically gives you a good chance to immediately win the game (as it should at that cost). But with the Flourishing Winds You're just spending a lot of mana to be able to produce more mana the next turn, and if you are able cast flourishing wind then mana is not the biggest of your problems anyway

How does something like this sound:

Elemental Wind 7GG
    Sorcery
    For each land target opponent controls, he may choose to sacrifice it. If he doesn't, put a X/X Green Elemental Token with trample into play, where X is the number of lands you control.

Shimmering already does mass token production, and Accursed already forces sacrifice.

The thing with Flourishing Wind is that since it fetches any land, it can do far more than just accelerate mana. I mean, look at Primeval Titan - there aren't a lot of tournament-played spells cost more than 6 mana, and yet Primeval is the most popular Titan.

Plus, taking all the lands out of your deck means you're guaranteed not to topdeck land late game.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Warrior is offline Uncommon

ah right didnt think of the topdecking thing

dwarf is offline Uncommon

These winds are actually worth playing as opposed to the original ones

From the original ones I'd say only Plague Wind and Vitalizing Wind are worth their mana cost

Sphinx is offline Uncommon

Nice cards,

Had a question about the wording of Avenging Wind. So you cast it and it resolves. Later that turn I deal 4 damage to you. So thats prevented and "Avenging Wind" deals 4 damage to me- but can it do that as it no longer exists as a source- I mean its not a permanent, and the spell left the stack long ago, and the only thing we have is the prevention ability which refers to this wind which no longer exists? what object is the source of the damage? (or maybe I am overreading this and there's no problem with the text, but still curious as to whether that wording is "legal")

It does work, but it needs a slight wording change (lining it up with Refraction Trap).
    Fluttershy is best pony.

clone is offline Common

Accursed winds combos nicely with It That Betrays