+ Reply to Thread
    level is offline Uncommon

Default Spiritual Piercer (white card that makes creature lose shroud)also new pierce ability

Spiritual Piercer W
    Instant
    Pierce (This card can target creatures with shroud or protection)
    Target creature loses shroud until end of turn

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Spiritual Piercer (white card that makes creature lose shroud)also new pierce abi

Could be a cantrip. Also, I must say that this isn't new - pretty much everyone has come up with this ability.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Tilo is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Spiritual Piercer (white card that makes creature lose shroud)also new pierce abi

what does cantrip mean

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

If I were to make a card like that it would be... All creatures lose all abilities until end of turn.

wordIsALLive is offline Very Common

Default Spiritual Piercer: To me sounds more like blue library manipulation

'Shroud' is not a kind of force field. Otherwise you could target it, but not penetrate. Then 'pierce' would be right to counter it. 'Spot' would rather hold for a name on negating 'shroud', in my opinion.

'Spiritual' in the context of MTG reminds me of something done with or to the library.
    Or of the ties of cards to their controller.

If so, 'Spiritual piercing' sounds to me more like a blue card and might be like:
    'Look at the top six cards of target player's library. Divide them into two piles of three in the order of your choice.
    That player chooses one to be put on the bottom of his library and one on top of it.
    If it's your library instead choose an opponent to decide where the piles go.'
    Suggested casting cost somewhat like 2UU.

By the way, a 'cantrip' in magic is a card that has: 'Draw a card' as an additional bonus to the spell, giving you a card back for the cantrip you cast.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Sorry for my VERY LONG REPLY, but...

As Arix said before, this is a common idea but not likely to be rid of. Here are reasons why...

-Creatures with shroud can't be targeted, not even by their controller
    - Shroud prevents a creature from being affected negatively AND POSITIVELY (with exceptions of course)
    -Creatures with shroud can also be affected by general effects.

Also, wordIsALLive, if we're worrying about making sense... when I hear it, it makes me think of Kor Spiritdancer which relates to enchantments.

This could be a creature that exiles/destroys a target aura... and possibly punishes an opponent for the aura being a certain color, or having an aura in general.

To all that like to comment card creations... When some of us (most of us) comment on a card created by a member... we usually don't change it, we just suggest a more realistic idea (following rules, trends, and likeliness) or explain why it wouldn't be very realistic.