+ Reply to Thread
    starfire is offline Uncommon

Default Myr Disassembler (Card that could fit in Scars of Mirrodin cycle)

Myr Disassembler - 1
    Creature - Myr (Rare)
    1,T: Target artifact creature's power and toughness becomes 0/0. Place X +1/+1 counters on that creature, where X is that creature's toughness.
    1/1

I think this card would work nice with all of Scars of Mirrodin Artifacts and proliferate mechanics

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Myr Disassembler (Card that could fit in Scars of Mirrodin cycle)

It wouldn't really fit in with Scars at all. They make a point not to mix +1/+1 and -1/-1 counters in the same set, and for good reason. This also has some annoying memory issues.

It's a nice idea for sure, I just don't see it working out.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Plus if a creature were to become 0/0 it would be sent to the graveyard immediately... Well thats what it seems to me.
    If it were worded differently I could see it making sense, but I agree with arix, it won't fit the set. Proliferate would make this card overpowered in Standard. Then again doubling season did the same thing with graft...

Plus if a creature were to become 0/0 it would be sent to the graveyard immediately... Well thats what it seems to me.
    It wouldn't, since SBAs wouldn't be chacked until it's completely finished resolving.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Chodie is offline Scarce
    Blog Entries

Ok, what does SBA stand for? And don't they make the game work correctly?

State-based actions, and yeah, they pretty much make sure the game works properly.
    Fluttershy is best pony.