+ Reply to Thread
    BobLoblaw is offline Common

Default Prized Unicorn Question

This card has the ability:

"All creatures able to block Prized Unicorn do so."

Does this mean that if you have 4 creatures on the battlefield, and prized unicorn attacks, all 4 block at once, similar to Palace Guard's ability to block any number of creatures? Or do you just block one at a time, but as long as something is out, you MUST block it as opposed to choosing to?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Prized Unicorn Question

It means that, for every creature the defending player controls, you ask if that creature can block the Unicorn. If it can, it does.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

BobLoblaw is offline Common

I don't totally follow.. sorry, I'm new.. but for an example: if someone enchanted or equipped something on the unicorn that gave it deathtouch, and you had 5 creatures out on the battlefield - if the Unicorn attacked, would they all die at once from the deathtouch since they are all forced to block or would only a single creature die per attack phase?

Neither. The Unicorn has 2 power, so it can only deal a total of 2 damage, killing two of the blockers though deathtouch.

Each creature that can block the Unicorn, has to. Every time it attacks.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

hunts23 is offline Common

hi i have a question about the prized unicorn. if i attack with my prize unicorn and my opponent has a creature that can tap and prevent 2 damage can he use his ability or does he still have to block.

There's a point in time after attackers are declared but before blockers are declared where he gets the chance to activate abilities like that. And if the creature is tapped when blockers are declared, it's unable to block the Unicorn, so it doesn't.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

ok i have another question sorry i should have put it on my other post. when i attack with my unicorn and he has like 5 creaters where does my attack go do i split it up and get to choose myself or does it do 2 damage to all 5?

You choose an order for the blockers. Then you assign damage based on that order. You can only deal a total of 2 damage. You have to deal lethal damage to each creature in order before you can start spilling damage over to the next.

So, for example, your opponent blocks with two 1/1 creatures, two 2/2 creatures, and a 3/3, and you put them in that order. You deal 1 damage to the first 1/1, enough to kill it. You still have 1 damage left to deal, so you put it on the next 1/1. Now the Unicorn has dealt all of its damage. That's it.

I know, it's a lot more complicated than the system they used before the M10 rules changes which makes me seriously wonder why they changed it, but there you go.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Jelly95 is offline Uncommon

how were the rules before M10?

ok i have one more Question im new to this website and i was trying to search for a spot to ask about swooping talon but all i can find is a spot for talking about the price of it. i know swooping talon is a lot like prized unicorn exept he can only force one creature to block and he makes the opponents creature untap to bock so my Queston is is it like the unicorn by the fact that my opponent can have his creature use his ability or is it different.

how were the rules before M10?
    Before, you just divided the damage up between the blockers, put it on the stack, and waited for it to resolve.

ok i have one more Question im new to this website and i was trying to search for a spot to ask about swooping talon but all i can find is a spot for talking about the price of it. i know swooping talon is a lot like prized unicorn exept he can only force one creature to block and he makes the opponents creature untap to bock so my Queston is is it like the unicorn by the fact that my opponent can have his creature use his ability or is it different.
    Same story. Your opponent can tap the creature before it's declared as a blocker.

If you want to ask questions on different cards, just make a new thread for it in this forum.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Kylegladue_123 is offline Very Common

simple prized unicorn vs guardian of the gateless. How does the work?

panistefanin is offline Common

Hello! Very interesting topic, thank you raised it. wells fargo routing number Virginia