+ Reply to Thread
    Alcha is offline Very Common

Default Question: Gaining control of Creature/Equipments and Enchantments

When I gain control of an opponents creature that has an enchantment or equipment attached, I know that the attachment comes with the creature. However, can the opponent move the equipment before I gain control of the creature or after? Or am I able to use the equipment/enchantments?

Also if a creature comes with an enchantment giving it something like +3/+3 or trample, is that enchantment still valid once I take control of that creature?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Question: Gaining control of Creature/Equipments and Enchantments

Your opponent still controls all equipments or auras on the creature. He can activate the equipment's equip ability to move it around. But keep in mind that the equip ability can only be played as a sorcery.

The enchantment remains attached, so it's still relevant. If it gives the creature +3/+3, then that still counts when you control the creature.

As with equipments, your opponent still controls the enchantment. So if it's a Spirit Link, for example, your opponent will gain the life.
    Fluttershy is best pony.