+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Emperor Croc

hotsoss834 is offline Common

Default Emperor Croc

If I dont have any creatures out, can I put 2 emperor crocodile's into play at the same time without them dying?
    Last edited by hotsoss834; 01-05-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Alterloth is offline Uncommon

Default Re: Emperor Croc

Yeah why not...you could have four of them out...the ability text only states that you must sacrifice it if you don't have any other creatures out...so, if you have four of them out and three of the Emperor Crocodiles die then the fourth one would have to go too...

Just think of the Three Musketeers haha..."All for one!"

Quote Originally Posted by Alterloth View Post
    Yeah why not...you could have four of them out...the ability text only states that you must sacrifice it if you don't have any other creatures out...so, if you have four of them out and three of the Emperor Crocodiles die then the fourth one would have to go too...

Just think of the Three Musketeers haha..."All for one!"
    But your explanation isnt really clear. You're talking about what happens to them if they are already in play and the others die.

I'm asking if I can put 2 into play at the same time if I dont have any other creatures out without the crocs having to be sacrificed.

Twanos is offline Master Mason

No you can't. When the first resolves it will enter play see that there are no other creatures in play and put it's sacrifice trigger on the stack. until the stack is empty (and the croc is sacrificed) you won't be able to even play the second one.

Even if you could play them as an instant and respond to the first one's trigger by playing the second, once the stack resolved and the first one died the second would then trigger and die too.

seba1983 Guest

what about tooth and nail for 2 crocs ? that should work right ? its way past my bedtime here so i cant think quite clearly right now so plz twanos/arix confirm ?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Yeah, if you manage to put two Crocs into play at the exact same time, then they'd both survive. You can't play them normally and have them survive, though.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by hotsoss834 View Post
    If I dont have any creatures out, can I put 2 emperor crocodile's into play at the same time without them dying?
    Good question. Might I suggest adding Dryad Arbor to the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by guyarney View Post
    Good question. Might I suggest adding Dryad Arbor to the deck?
    It is a good card, and I might use it if it wasnt effected by summoning sickness...

guyarney is offline Uncommon

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    Yeah, if you manage to put two Crocs into play at the exact same time, then they'd both survive. You can't play them normally and have them survive, though.
    Would they be entering the battlefield at the same time were they to enter via Living Death?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Yes, that would work.
    Fluttershy is best pony.