+ Reply to Thread
    Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Default Multi Colored Spells and Creatures

Okay lets say I have a Bloodbraid Elf R/G/B (if I remember correctly) this creature is considered all colors now if I where to say play Celestial Purge to counter it does it work since it's considered a red spell? Likewise if I play Iona and choose black would that stop Bloodbraid from being cast?

Twanos is offline Master Mason

Default Re: Multi Colored Spells and Creatures

Firstly Bloodbraid Elf is 2GR. Second Celestial Purge doesn't counter spells it removes a black or red permanent from the game just like it says, but yes it can target the elf because it is red. If you choose black for Iona it will not affect the elf since it's not black but if you picked red or green then yes it would prevent it from being played.

Kappu1 is offline Scarce

Okay so to the question it's still considered the 2 colors R/G so if one sorce is not able to be cast then does that stop the Elf from being cast?

I think I know the answer just want to be positive. (Twanos you know why I ask this question) Got all my cards in and going to run the deck tommarow night !

And you and I are posting at the same time LOL!

Arix is offline Merrymaker

What you have to remember is that multicoloured cards count as all of their colours and will be affected by anything that affects either of them. Since Bloodbraid Elf is both a red card and a green card, it'll be affected by anything that affects red or green, or both. Since Celestial Purge can target a red permanent, it can target Boodbraid Elf. If Iona comes down naming green, it'll see that Bloodbraid is green and stop it from being played. The "sources" have nothing to do with it - the fact is that it's green, no matter what other colours it is.
    Fluttershy is best pony.