+ Reply to Thread
    lynchy is offline Very Common

Default Super secret combo

Hey Arix!

So, this time we have
    1 Sydri, galvanic genius
    2 phyrexian altar/dimir house guard/ other sac outlets
    3 Cauldron of souls
    4 spine of ish sah/staff of nin/ichor wellspring/mana rock/ any of about 10 more

My question is, is this a combo?
    Can I, tap the cauldron (presumably putting its ability on the stack) and then turn it into a creature in response, resulting in it also gaining persist until end of turn?

long story short, can cauldron of souls give itself presist without getting in the way of summoning sickness (assuming it came under my control this turn, which it would have after it dies and comes back to life the first time)

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: Super secret combo

You'll have to turn it into a creature before activating its ability, or it won't be a legal target for its own ability. Of course, if it has summoning sickness, this means you won't be able to activate its ability at all. Finally, keep in mind that even if it does persist, it will come back with a -1/-1 counter on it like usual, meaning persist won't work again.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

lynchy is offline Very Common

Default Re: Super secret combo

Ahh, non-creature artifacts can have counters placed on them
    Last edited by lynchy; 08-06-2015 at 11:52 PM.