+ Reply to Thread

Default Rishadan Port Question

So i'm building a lands deck and i've been wondering about Rishadan Port

Mainly the part where you pay 1, tap port then tap target land.

What i'm wondering is if on my opponents turn they untap there lands, then i can pay 1, tap port and target a land of there's to tap but does me forcing there land to tap produce mana if i target a land that does or can the opponent in responce before port's ability resolve's tap the land themselves for mana?

Thanks.

Rofellos is offline Common

Default Re: Rishadan Port Question

your port will tap their land, that in itself does not cause their land to produce mana

They can tap their land in response and produce a mana. However they will have to use that mana during the untap step or its gone (I dont remember what you can cast during the untap step, but still you become limited since you usually want to use the mana in your main step)

DatAsh is offline Rare

Quote Originally Posted by Rofellos View Post
    (I dont remember what you can cast during the untap step, but still you become limited since you usually want to use the mana in your main step)
    You can cast instants or spells with flash in response to Rishdan Port's ability, or activate abilities, but that's about it.

Ok thanks.

Trying to go from basic decks into Lands is making my head hurt, so many different interactions on cards ive never used, but it looks like a fun deck so hopefully with time i will get used to it, ignoring belcher for awhile and just playing Lands should help with that.