+ Reply to Thread
    ElfDwarf is offline Common

Default legend rule question?

hey so am playing a game and I had a legendary in play and other player also played the same legendary so i said they all go to graveyard but he said no that each player can have one copy of that legendary but i was sure legend rules means that all copies go to graveyard but he is sure it does not mean that?

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Default Re: legend rule question?

You used to be right, but a fairly recent change makes it possible for each player to control the same legendary permanent with no explosions.
    Fluttershy is best pony.

Roki is offline Common

Quote Originally Posted by Arix View Post
    You used to be right, but a fairly recent change makes it possible for each player to control the same legendary permanent with no explosions.
    Which rule applies if you are using legends from the old sets?

Kenji is offline Scarce

The new rule applies regardless of which legendary creatures you're using. You can use the old legend rule if you'd like, but know that you're not playing Magic the official way if you do.

Arix is offline Merrymaker

Cards don't follow the rules that were in place at the time they were printed - they follow the rules currently in place, no matter when they were printed.
    Fluttershy is best pony.